What can I do legally about a noisy neighbor

upurs

Jurisdiction
Illinois
Everyone signed a lease about a noise ordinance after 9pm till 9am. States no music, no loud talking, no moving furniture etc.

This neighbor has been quiet throughout the day. Early mornings and late nights he moves furniture, walks heavy, drops heavy things that hit the floor. I've complained to management but little has been done to stop it. It seems like he is doing things purposely or is just stupid.

Never was arrested. But it's going on three years now. I'm still under surveillance by another county detective and police department. I still would like to sue them. I have suffered stress and anxiety from their behaviors towards me. There must be some sort of compensation I can get from them harassing me over the years?

I thought about visiting a local attorney and sharing with them my affidavit of the incident.

Everyone signed a lease about a noise ordinance after 9pm till 9am. States no music, no loud talking, no moving furniture etc.

This neighbor has been quiet throughout the day. Early mornings and late nights he moves furniture, walks heavy, drops heavy things that hit the floor. I've complained to management but little has been done to stop it. It seems like he is doing things purposely or is just stupid.

Sometimes one is better off ignoring something than whining about it.

Landlords tend to become agitated by whining tenants, eventually the whining tenant might discover her/his lease won't be renewed.

My solution to the things in life that suck, get a big straw, suck up the suck, and embrace, becoming one with the suck.

Sometimes one is better off ignoring something than whining about it.

Landlords tend to become agitated by whining tenants, eventually the whining tenant might discover her/his lease won't be renewed.

My solution to the things in life that suck, get a big straw, suck up the suck, and embrace, becoming one with the suck.

Very Zen. ;)

Never was arrested. But it's going on three years now. I'm still under surveillance by another county detective and police department. I still would like to sue them. I have suffered stress and anxiety from their behaviors towards me. There must be some sort of compensation I can get from them harassing me over the years?

I thought about visiting a local attorney and sharing with them my affidavit of the incident.

Hunh? Please explain how this is related to the noise complaint.

Have you checked the kitchen drawer to make sure you have adequate tin foil?

Back