were do you go

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessyka

were would my mom and i go to draw up paperwork (however you have to do it) to were if something was to happen to me that she would get full guardianship of my kids?

If something happens to you, the State will generally look first to the father of the children.

You can't "will" your kids away (though in some areas you can set a "standby guardianship", although this is NOT legally binding and the other parent generally is first in line for custody).

well i tried taking him to court to make sure that i had full custody of her cause here in missouri if you can prove that the other parent in an unfit parent then you get full custody and i got it....he has a couple different felonys and just recently went to prison and will be there for a good while so im quite sure they wont try to give him anything... but the point im trying to get to is that i have no other family or anything around or alive and if something was to ever happen i would want my mom to have her instead of my daughter having to go through foster care

well i tried taking him to court to make sure that i had full custody of her cause here in missouri if you can prove that the other parent in an unfit parent then you get full custody and i got it....he has a couple different felonys and just recently went to prison and will be there for a good while so im quite sure they wont try to give him anything... but the point im trying to get to is that i have no other family or anything around or alive and if something was to ever happen i would want my mom to have her instead of my daughter having to go through foster care

I don't even know where to start with this.

Even convicted child molesters can get FULL CUSTODY of their kids.

I don't think you understand how any of this works - so I strongly suggest you talk to an attorney. Because "full custody" does NOT mean that Dad doesn't have rights or that he can't later get custody.

Do you get that?

(And really - if the court deemed him unfit, the State would likely have terminated his rights. That hasn't happened. Hence he's not unfit)

ok so then him being in prison with a manufacturing charge attempt of murder and a couple of other charges wouldnt make him unfit...all the judge had to do was look his name up and see that he was unfit.....hes on the sex offender list.....so i think that would make him a little unfit....anyways all that i know and all i care about is he will never be able to get her and even if that was ever possible he wouldnt....back to the point of the matter is all i wanted to know was just a couple of questions i am not worried about a coulple of so called dads getting in the way....if that was gonna happen then they would of grown up and been dads when they were told they were having a baby and when the paternity tests said they were......

Are you trolling this site?

Because I find it hard to believe that someone can be this obtuse.

There is LEGAL definition of what does and does not constitute an unfit parent. You CHOSE these guys. And the court is going to absolutely agree with your choice unless there is proof that they are unfit.

Hint: what happened before you got pregnant isn't going to matter. What happened afterwards will matter only if it DIRECTLY endangers the child.

We're on the same page now, right? :D

manufacturing yes before me...but attempt of murder was me and the baby i was 8 1/2 months pregnant had to get an emergency c section, when i got to the hospital she had stopped breathing she had to spend the first 1 or better in the hospital..

...and the police did what about this?

(I think we all know what the response is going to be)

It's interesting that you asked that instead of actually answering a very important question.

Ed.

well really its mot your business so i don't have to answer anything i dont want to....i have no reason to sit here and make up lies like that about my kids......but you can say whatever i know what happened poce reports were filed... so thanks for the little help u didnt do....

In other words - no convictions, correct?

Don't expect responses if you refuse to give pertinent details. ;)

It's amazing how many people think that if they give us only the information that they think will give them the answer they want, and withhold the information they think will give them the answer they don't want, that somehow those missing facts will vanish in the real world and the answer we give them will be valid, legal and binding.

It's amazing how many people think that if they give us only the information that they think will give them the answer they want, and withhold the information they think will give them the answer they don't want, that somehow those missing facts will vanish in the real world and the answer we give them will be valid, legal and binding.

It is even more amazing, when people attack members for trying to get that info. I have had that happen. I should clarify, not on this forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back