We want custody and I want to adopt my husband's daughter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinfulangel6983

My husbands daughter lives in California with her mother because of the fact that she lied when she was telling "them" when and where the baby was conceived. Other than that, we would have her. She recently got married and her husband wants to adopt my stepdaughter. We are fixing to buy a house and we want to get full custody of her because it would be more fair to the child. We have two children already and my husbands daughter has been kept from us in indirect ways. The mother has no other children but we hear that she is pregnant. She will call asking where her check is but wont let my husband talk to his daughter, who is 4 this year. Neither of us want the husband to adopt because of the fact that they are taking this situation and turning it into something it shouldn'y be. Not to mention the fact that she is being hypocritical when it comes to children and how things should be handled. I want to be involved in my stepdaughters live because I think it it vital. I, personally, loved having my step mother as a part of my life. She is my best friend. How would we go about preventing them from adopting the child out from under our feet, and how would we get custody? I am not sure how to go about this. No Texas lawyer will touch it because the child is in California and the child support is also through CA. Texas is just playing the role of the middleman. So, how can we do this and keep it civil. And, if we don't support the adoption, coud her husband still "take" the child from underneath us? :confused: :mad:

If you live in TX you probably have no shot at custody. A judge likely is not going to take away custody of the mother and move the child several states away.

You cannot just adopt your stepdaughter. Rights would have to be terminated from the bio mom and why would she be willing to do that? I am sure she does not want to give up her daughter.

If your husband wants to see the child or have more visitation then he needs to file in the court the CS/visitation order is out of. Sounds like CA has jurisdiction since that is where the child and mother reside.

If she is not abiding by a written visitation schedule she needs to be in contempt.

Her husband cannot adopt the child unless your husband gives up rights, same thing. He does not have to allow her to walk all over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back