Warrants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gump

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
Hello everyone. I have a next-door neighbor who I believe is connected to a family/friend member who has been able to access a family/friend judge/officer to give them or the officer "legal access" to my home internet and cell phone based on nepotism and not on any legal/fairgrounds. Plain and simply, corruption. It's been going on for several years. If a judge signed off on something like this, do I have the legal right to know? If so, who should I contact? I appreciate your expertise.

A judge would be a fool to issue warrants that don't meet the legal requirements for it, and and experienced cop should know better to submit a false request for one because those are all records of the court and the warrant would likely also be a record of the ISP and cell provider too. After all, they have to see the warrant to enable the access to your information that flows over their lines. As a result it wouldn't be too hard to pin either of them with a crime if it has been going on for years. How did you come to the corruption determination? What actual evidence is there? If you have some real evidence rather than just speculation you'd want to make a complaint with the city police or county sheriff and consult a civil litigation attorney if you've suffered any monetary loss from it. If it's just speculation and there are no damages suffered from it, you likely won't get much interest from either the police or an attorney.

to give them or the officer "legal access" to my home internet and cell phone based
It's not clear what you are claiming these persons have access to. Is it your home network that they are accessing and using or is it the metadata about your network they have obtained?

If they are using your network (from next door), you can easily change the name and password of your router and make it a secure network. You can either Google how to do it or call your network provider to walk you through it.

It's my phone and router/network. The router is secure but hackers can "hack" through most security. The neighbor and his brother are both computer programmers, so hacking was my original suspicion. I improved my router security with a 40-character password on the highest WPA3 security level, but there was still reason to believe they have access (it is legitimate evidence, there is no need to list it) This is why I thought the help of a high-ranking police officer friend and a judge, there was direct "hacking/access" that way in which case no level of router security/etc. makes any difference. I will contact the county Sheriff's office.

The cop (who is the previous owner of this house) may have submitted a request based on simple "profiling" grounds. I am a single male in his 30's living with his mother, and we don't get along with the neighbors. They are classic "Karens", along with their friend who used to live in this house. Classic Karens. We stopped communicating a few years ago (not coincidentally) around the time signs of this hacking began. They certainly have no other legitimate complaints to go on, though. But an officer can lie on behalf of their neighbor. Do you see how this may realistically be happening now? My original question was, if I contact the Sheriff's office for example, do I have the legal right to know if such a warrant was in fact issued?

Last edited:
It's my phone and router/network. The router is secure but hackers can "hack" through most security. The neighbor and his brother are both computer programmers, so hacking was my original suspicion. I improved my router security with a 40-character password on the highest WPA3 security level, but there was still reason to believe they have access (it is legitimate evidence, there is no need to list it) This is why I thought the help of a high-ranking police officer friend and a judge, there was direct "hacking/access" that way in which case no level of router security/etc. makes any difference. I will contact the county Sheriff's office.
And why would they do this? What could be the purpose for all these people hacking into your service?

The cop may have submitted a request based on simple "profiling" grounds. I am a single male in his 30's living with his mother, and we don't get along with the neighbors. We stopped communicating a few years ago (not coincidentally) around the time signs of this hacking began. They certainly have no other legitimate complaints to go on, though. But an officer can lie on behalf of their neighbor. Do you see how this may realistically be happening now? Once again, I will contact the Sheriff's office.
No. Not in any rational way.

Well, I kindly disagree very much based on first-hand experience.

My question, do I have the legal right to know if such a warrant has been issued on my name, and what is the legal name of such a warrant (ISP/phone access)?

Last edited:
My question, do I have the legal right to know if such a warrant has been issued on my name, and what is the legal name of such a warrant (ISP/phone access)?
Legal rights, aside, mate.

If a warrant (warrants) exist, sooner or later you'll one day be visited by some serious looking, well armed, men and women seeking to provide you with your very own pair of bracelets, these wonderful people call "handcuffs".

These kind, charitable folks will put those lovely bracelets on your beautiful wrists. They might even read you what some people call, "your rights".

Your picture will be taken, you'll be fingerprinted, and placed in safe location, while you wait to meet "the judge", a kindly gent or gracious lady, who'll soon be overseeing the "proceedings".

While these kindly folks host you, you'll receive FREE meals, housing, clothing, etc... Do try to relax and enjoy their hospitality.

There will be no handcuffs smart-ass, I'm certain of that. It's amazing the levels people will go to insult for no good reason. Anyway, I believe it's called an ISP Data and Search Warrant. Do I have the legal right to know if a judge has issued such a warrant behind the scenes, and any details related to the warrant such as which township police department was involved? Why can't this question kindly be answered on this forum?

If a warrant (warrants) exist, sooner or later you'll one day be visited by some serious looking, well armed, men and women seeking to provide you with your very own pair of bracelets, these wonderful people call "handcuffs".

These kind, charitable folks will put those lovely bracelets on your beautiful wrists. They might even read you what some people call, "your rights".

Your picture will be taken, you'll be fingerprinted, and placed in safe location, while you wait to meet "the judge", a kindly gent or gracious lady, who'll soon be overseeing the "proceedings".

While these kindly folks host you, you'll receive FREE meals, housing, clothing, etc... Do try to relax and enjoy their hospitality.

So by your "rationale", every single time a warrant is issued, the person is guilty and gets arrested. Also according to you, zero corruption exists in the American legal system. Makes a lot of sense. Perhaps you should go back to army judge school. Or perhaps high school to get some common sense.

Hopefully, a legal expert with common courtesy on a law forum designed for such purposes would be willing to answer my ultimate/main question. Do I have the legal right to know if a judge has issued an ISP Data and Search Warrant behind the scenes, and any details related to the warrant such as which township police department was involved? For the record, it's a terrible, non-physical soul-raping feeling when your are or sense you are being spyed on whether you're a saint, a petty criminal, or a felon. I'm most certainly neither of the latter. Thank you for your help.

sigh...

You have already heard from Army Judge, who is an attorney. I will tag a couple of other attorney volunteers here too answer you.

@Tax Counsel @zddoodah
Thank you. I simply want to know what the Constitutional Law is on this, so I found a Constitutional Law forum. I feel it is a very understandable/simple curiosity. PS - Army Judge answered absolutely nothing and only mocked the question in a silly, drawn-out effort to be humorous. So I got funny back.

My original question was, if I contact the Sheriff's office for example, do I have the legal right to know if such a warrant was in fact issued?

Courts will typically seal search warrants in situations in which the investigation is still active so as not to interfere with the investigation. Obviously, they wouldn't want the suspects to know of the warrant as that may cut off the tapped lines as a source of information for the cops and may motivate the suspects to pick up and leave the area before an arrest warrant ends up being issued. Once the warrants are unsealed you may be able to get that information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back