visitation modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry_Stepmom

My husband has joint custody of his two children with his ex and is needing to modify his visitation schedule. He's had a change in his work schedule and is unable to pick up the kids at the time (6 pm) ordered and simply wants to change it to 3 pm which is when the kids get out of school. He's tried to come to an agreement with his ex about this but she is being completely uncooperative. We have the papers to file a motion to modify in suit affecting the parent-child relationship, but we need advice regarding where to file, fees, and what do we do after we file. We don't have the money to hire an attorney just to alter the visitation time by three hours. There must be a way to handle this matter ourselves since we already have the paperwork ( regarding Texas). Any advice or information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

You still need to file for a modification in court. You do not need an attorney, all family courts offer a self help/law library. You can put in a revision to a parenting plan and then you should get a mediation date.

This is what my boyfriend does with his ex. He just submitted paperwork to modify visitation and they have a hearing in Dec.

So are you saying not to file the paperwork that I already have and that the courts will give you the paperwork that's needed to file the revision?

i would imagine you can file the papers you already have.

Pro se

We wrote a letter to my husband's support office about filing pro se (yourself with no lawyer), they sent directions on what to do. When we filed pro se papers (in Indiana), we went to the county clerk's office. They didn't charge us anything but I'm not sure how it works where you are. Then a court date was set, they send copy to all parties. We filed pro se for modification of child support due to less wages of more than 20%.

Good Luck.

Question

Angry Stepmom, I have a question to ask you, can you please e mail me so I don't have to ask it in an open fourm please. The question involves Texas law, you are light years ahead of me and I want to know how to get to the point you are at....thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back