Switched co-signor and owner

Lisa Johnson

Jurisdiction
Florida
I purchased a new car from Maus Nissan in Florida. I had a co-signor. The dealership told us in the state of Florida they had to put the co-signor first on the paperwork . We let them know about six times it was to be tiltled to me, it was my car and she was just the cosignor.
They lied it is titled to my Cosignor, registered in her name and now I cant insure it because its listed as her car. She recieved the payment book. The dealership sent me the thank you gifts for buying the car to make sure it looked legit!
how can I fix this? I do not want to make payments on a car that is not mine and will not help my credit. Her credit score went down 150 points because the car is listed on her credit report.

I need to have this fixed. Can I tell the dealership that no payments will be made until they fix this? I will put the payments in a seperate account.
The also told me the car was brand new and it was a 2023. I get home get the paperwork and its a 2022. They charged me 10,000.00 more ddollars than the car is worth.

Please advise

Can I tell the dealership that no payments will be made until they fix this? I will put the payments in a seperate account.

All that's going to accomplish is the car getting repossessed and your friend's credit score dropping again.

I need to have this fixed.

Contact the lender and see if the lender will allow your co-signer to transfer the title to you while remaining a guarantor of the loan.

If that's not possible you will have to get financing elsewhere, in your own name, so you can get title to the car.

The also told me the car was brand new and it was a 2023. I get home get the paperwork and its a 2022. They charged me 10,000.00 more ddollars than the car is worth.

Well, that's your own fault. The year of the car was displayed on the window sticker and on the contract you signed, but obviously didn't read.

Back