Security Deposit SureDeposit

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerism125

So I paid the 87.50 for a SureDeposit. I moved out and the apartment complex submitted a claim with SureDeposit within a week of me moving out, instead of sending me a bill. That was at the end of July 2012 and I did not receive any mail or emails or phone calls about what I owed until December 30, 2013, when I received a call from Professional Debt Mediation, INC. I asked them to send me a bill and I waited until January 2,2014 then called them back and asked them again to send me the bill. I received it and payed it that same day, January 2,2014. I have looked at my credit report and it says that my date of first delinquency was May 2013, which I moved in to the apartment in March 2013 and out in July 2013, so that doesn't make sense to me. My credit report also says that Professional Debt Mediation, INC. was assigned my account in October 2013 and that it was reported in December 2013.Is this legal or fair? Can they send an account to collections without first sending out a bill or at least a phone call?

So I paid the 87.50 for a SureDeposit. I moved out and the apartment complex submitted a claim with SureDeposit within a week of me moving out, instead of sending me a bill. That was at the end of July 2012 and I did not receive any mail or emails or phone calls about what I owed until December 30, 2013, when I received a call from Professional Debt Mediation, INC. I asked them to send me a bill and I waited until January 2,2014 then called them back and asked them again to send me the bill. I received it and payed it that same day, January 2,2014. I have looked at my credit report and it says that my date of first delinquency was May 2013, which I moved in to the apartment in March 2013 and out in July 2013, so that doesn't make sense to me. My credit report also says that Professional Debt Mediation, INC. was assigned my account in October 2013 and that it was reported in December 2013.Is this legal or fair? Can they send an account to collections without first sending out a bill or at least a phone call?

I suggest you inquire of the credit bureau.

If they did it, looks as if it can be done.

At any rate, you are free to dispute anything that appears on your credit report in writing, so get busy writing your version of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back