Assault & Battery Stopped my sister from hitting my wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

needinfo411

Long story short as much as possilbe. I have two sisters, one is a best friend to me, the other and I have not seen eye to eye for many years and have not spoken for the most part for the past 5 years. It is a consensus amongst our family and friends that she has an extreme resentment and jealousy towards me. My wife, sister#1, and I went to my parents where sister#2 was already there for an operation my mom was having. Sister#2 was extremely rude and did not speak to us for the first 2 days. Day 3 we wake up @ 630 am with her in the room we were sleeping talking very loudly, I asked her to please go in the other room we were trying to sleep. From this point an argument broke out between her and my wife, then sister#2 proceeded to verbally attack my father, sister#1 and myself. My father finally told sister#2 she had to leave if she could not act appropriately. Sister#2 did all of this in front of her 3 year old daughter! Sister#2 proceeded to go into the other room to pack her belongings then came back out into the room we were all in waving and pointing her hand swearing at me and my wife but was going towards my wife and I thought that she was going to hit my wife, I told her to back off, she did not, I then proceeded to push her back to stop her from coming further. She did not fall did not even lose her balance, hence her coming forward. After she had left police came to take our statements for she proceeded to press charges. Police came back to house after to arrest me for domestic assault. Sister#2 even proceeded to the hospital where my mother was trying to recouperate and started yelling and telling her about "her side" and how her own father was dead in her eyes!" What are my rights? Is there such thing as self defense? Most of the family really thinks she has a mental issue, yet I can't even get a restraining order against her! She has a history of lies and manipulating and will do nothing but to destroy me and my family. What can I do? I don't want this on my record. My wife and I are looking to start a business and these charges could seriously injure my employment, not to mention any chance of going for full custody of my own children. Please help.

Makes on wonder if it would have been any worse if you poked her on the end of the nose.

Have you been given notice of a court date?

You have witness's of her being completely out of control, you will want to get them into court, if you have to go to court.

I would plead not guilty and demand a jury trial. Possible the charge will just be dropped if you put a wrench in there.

Who the heck told you that you can't get a restraining order? You can draw that up and take it to a judge. You file a temp. restraining order, that goes into affect for about a month, then you go to court and the judge decides if it needs to stay, or takes it off.

Your wife could file a charge if she felt she was about to be harmed before you tried to stop you nutty sister.

Is she on drugs?(Meth maybe??)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back