staying strong

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsmoreland1

I am the mother of three children. the father of my oldest two children and i have been seperated for several years, and I am now married to a wonderful man. I took my ex to court for full custody about 3 years ago and i won. but about a year and a half ago, custody was dropped because i failed to take the 1 time parenting class in the time frame that i was supposed to. well, my ex doesnt know that and he still believes that i have full custody. anyway, we have been sharing time wth the girls for years now. i must say that i have been afraid of him for many reasons even after we seperated and i alway seem to give in to his demands about how things are gonna go. well i've had it with him and his drunkenness and irresponsibilty. the activities and the people that he subjects the kids is totally unexceptable, and the day after he took them i went to where thay wre and i took them from im. the only reason he only put up a small fight is because he still thinks that i have custody , and the fact that he has outstanding warrants for his arrest because of past DUIs. he threatened my a whole bunch, called me evry name i the book, his brother eve threatened me and my husbands lives and he told me to watch my back. Not to mention that fact that he shoved me down 3 seperate times when i was trying to grab my daughter from him. all of this was done in front of the girls. they were so scared. any way i told him that i got a restraining order on him(which im in the process of) and that hes not taking the girls. i wont answer his calls, and i've informed both of the schools ,that my kidss attend ,about him . wellthere is nothing they can do from preventing him from picking them up, unless i have documents. but i dont. Do I have the right to refuse to let them go with him considering all the rotten circumstances revolving around him. This is the first time i have ever stood up for myself and my kids because i have always been afraid. I'm doing the right thing, right?

First of all if you are trying to protect your children you are always doing to right thing. Second, if he's got outstanding warrents then why don't you tell the athorities where he is? I suggest getting an emergency order of protection for your girls against him but be prepared to have PROOF! If the girls are old enough they might have to tell the judge what's been going on.

I'm not a lawyer, but been in a similar situation. Keep all e-mails, threatening letters, voicemails, and texts. They will be helpful.

First of all, thank you for responding. I would tell the authorities where he was, if I knew. Tat another reason that I cant get the restraining order on him. They have to serve him with the papers before anything can go into effect. Which is the reason that I cant get the documents that I need to preven the school from letting them go with him. They have to have documents. The same thing goes for trying to file for full custody again. Nothing can be pursued until he is served. And he has made it a point for me to not find out where he might be. I dont really have any proof of anything. All i can do is pray that he wont come around, so that there is'nt a scene in front of our kids. I truly get very weak in the knees when i see him. I cant even listen to his voice without shaking. So this has been very hard to stand my ground. I have been so brain-washed for so many years, that it hard for be to keep feeling like I'm still doing the right thing. I just get too uncomfortable when i see him squirm. ..........Thanks for your advice

you could try to contact him have him meet you somewhere to "pick up the girls" when he arrives call police have him arrested. before you do that tho u might want to have to paperwork ready to serve to him while he is in jail. you do know you can ask the police to go with you when you have to be in contact with him they cant make him give you your kids or make him do anything with out an order but they can make sure he doesnt hurt you or indanger ur kidos good luck and god bless I'M NOT A LAWYER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back