Special Immigration Visa for Indian Citizen

Joe Praveen

Jurisdiction
New York
My name is Joe. I am from India. I am a software engineer. I am presently working in USA with H1B.
I have more than 2 years of experience in US Army Base Afghanistan under ISAF(International Security Assistance Force) as a IT Supervisor. I went US Army base from India in 2014 as Contract position.
My question is:
1. Do we have any categories to directly apply for Green card with US Army base experience?
2.Can I eligible for Special Immigrant Visa?
3. Can I eligible for US permanent residency with US Army base experience directly. If I eligible for this, How can I proceed?

Thank You

My question is:
1. Do we have any categories to directly apply for Green card with US Army base experience?
2.Can I eligible for Special Immigrant Visa?
3. Can I eligible for US permanent residency with US Army base experience directly. If I eligible for this, How can I proceed?

You should ask the US officials at the nearest US Embassy or Consulate, where they'll be very happy to answer your questions.

I'm afraid I have bad news for you. Just because you work for a military contractor doesn't give you any benefit for converting your H1B status. Even if your job fell into an national interest category, the priority date for Indian citizens is way longer than two years. Your job doesn't sound like it is entitled to higher preference either. You can get your employer to file for PERM for your job, but you've got a bit of waiting before you are eligible to get the green card.

Back