Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Someone got some 'splainin' to do...

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
Florida
The Lakeland Police Department is investigating the death of a shoplifter who died a short time after being detained.

According to investigators, Kenneth Wisham, 64, attempted to push a cart full of DVDs worth $380.74 out of the Walmart located on US Highway 98 N. early Sunday morning.

Wisham was confronted by employees who chased Wisham as he ran from the store. While running away, Wisham fell to the ground and was detained by the Walmart employees.

A short time later, those employees said Wisham stopped breathing and they began CPR.

He was rushed to Lakeland Regional Medical Center where he was pronounced dead several hours later.

On Wednesday, the Polk County Medical Examiner's Office ruled his death a homicide. The autopsy revealed Wisham did not die as a result of a medical condition and no other details are being released at this time.

Detectives are currently looking over surveillance video.

I'm sure those employees knew, or should have known Walmart's "don't chase policy".

Detained Walmart shoplifter's death ruled homicide

This is exact reason why some retailers have a "no chase" or "hands off" policy.

Hello, I have a question about the retail theft database. I saw your post on another thread from a couple years back saying people could pm you or email questions about specific companies on the database. I don't have pm rights at this point since I just joined the site, is it possible that I could get your email info? Thanks

Back