Sole custody

Ana218

Jurisdiction
Illinois
I am currently married. I am
Now 7 months pregnant with our first child. I am so happy but my husbands has changed so much. He has begun to smoke marijuana daily. Smokes every hour. He has started to have these emotional outburst/moodswings. He is very controlling, rude, mean, agressive and violent. Only happy now when he is high. I told him that i wasnt happy and he told me should i leave him and take the baby he would make sure me and my family died so he would get full
Custody. I now want a divorce and want full costudy of the baby when she is here. Is this possible? Do i have to put him on the birth certificate? I dont want him to have any rights to her, its no safe.

A married woman has a baby.
The father and the mother have equal parental rights and responsibilities.

If the violent, abusive, druggie gets all hyped up on his "greenish, leafy. Plant matter" no telling what he might do.

If that happens nine of my words will help.

If he kills you, or the baby, would anything matter?

Don't wait too long when the fuse is lit and burning rapidly toward the dynamite.

The married couple get divorced.
During the divorce proceeding, the mother and father argue before a judge about the division of their property, child custody, and child support.

Eventually the judge decides who becomes the custodial parent, and who becomes the non-custodial parent.

In this country a man and a woman ave equal rights under our laws.
You are free to leave that addicted, drug abusing, pot smoking, angry, possible violent man that you married.

If he threatens you or your family, don't argue with him.
Call the police and report his behavior.
Obtain an order of protection from the court.
If you stay with this addict, you or your child could be seriously injured, maybe killed.

Contact these shelters to seek protection until you can get to your family:

53 Homeless Shelters In Mount Prospect, IL | Suntopia.org

WINGS Program

Mount Prospect Homeless Shelters and Services - Mount Prospect IL Homeless Shelters - Mount Prospect Illinois Homeless Shelters

Netanya Foundation

If you are afraid, call the police and ask them to protect you as you leave.

Back