Signing over rights in Tx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stxlatina

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 3 years. We have two children together and have been throught a lot. He may have gotten another female pregnant.. well she is pregnant but we are not sure as if he is father or not there is a possibilty. He told her not to have the child and then he would not be there for her or the child but she she didnt care and is saying that she want him to be there. He has said he will just sign over his rights since she decided to have the child anyway. If the child is his .. how hard would it be to sign over his rights? Would signing over his rights mean he does not have to pay child support? If we moved out of state (not b/c the child were prior plans already) would that help the situation? If she does file for child support weill they take into consideration the two children he already has and is taking care of? any info would help.. btw we are in tx.

Men do not have any reproductive rights unfortunately. He does not get to decide if she has the baby or not. That is why it is so important men take precautions to avoid getting women pregnant, regardless of what he may have been told ("I cannot get pregnant", etc ).

He cannot just sign over his rights. This question is brought up alot on this website and I don't know why people think this can happen. The US does not allow people off the hook that easy. The only way this can happen is if she happens to be married and her husband plans to adopt (after the birth of course).

Regardless if he plans on being involved in this childs life or not, if this woman files for child support, paternity must be established first. If the child is his then child support will be set up. Most likely, his 2 other children will come into play here but in the end, he probably will have some sort of financial obligation to the child.

In the meantime, I would not give this woman any money until paternity has been established and he knows for sure that this is his child.

Hope this helps. All you can do at this point is hope the child does not belong to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back