seperation and support

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluewatergirl

I just wanted to know if there was anyway to get child support or something when seperated. My husband and I have been sepereated for 3 months, he resides in another home. Our daughter is with me the majority of the time. Is there anything I can do?
Thank you

I just wanted to know if there was anyway to get child support or something when seperated. My husband and I have been sepereated for 3 months, he resides in another home. Our daughter is with me the majority of the time. Is there anything I can do?
Thank you

Yes. You can file for child support; if you google your county court there may be forms online. Otherwise, head on down to the court or open up a case with CSE.

Depending on the length of the marriage you may also be able to get temporary spousal support.

Mightymoose- thank you, i wasnt sure if you had to be divorsed to be able to do that.
Proserpina- Thank you so much for your advice.
Im a softy, and I feel bad for even thinking about making him pay since he's in a tight spot too. But he's doing a little better than me at the momment. Im alternating paying bills while some go late. and ive been at food pantries a couple times too. Its hard right now, and i dont think its fair. Thank you agian, i will check with the courthouse online. I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back