School Saftey

Status
Not open for further replies.

coulditbe

I was called by the nurses office where my son attends. She said another student who has been bulling him hurt his finger. I got to school and he was still crying in pain. The nurse said "do you think it looks alittle bent"? I said yes and took him to the hospital for x rays. While leaving the school building I asked the assistant principal to call the police. This child who did this to my son has been bullying him since last year with many altercations including physical and verbal. I have written may emails and have had many conversations about protection for my son. This is a ongoing thing. My son has a form of Autistic disorder called asperger and has been in special education since 2nd grade for dyslexia in a self contained class. The assistant principal called last night and I asked what protection is in place for my son saftey. The assistant principal replied she was not able to discuss the matter with me. I told her that until I am assured my son was safe that he would not be in school.

A police report was made. What is my next step? What more can I do to protect my son.

Thank you

Who pays medical bills - I have no insurance!!!!

Last edited:
You have done it all "you" can do. The school cannot babysit your child. They can suspend or even expell the other student but they cant babysit. Filing Police report was good move as well. Make a call to school District Office speak with upper mangement.

I left out that I have no insurance. My sons Doctor already warned me that if the swelling is still present along with the crookedness that he will want my son seen by a orthopedic to look at legiments, tendons and muscles for his finger. Would this be considerd a Civil matter?

Thank you again!!!!!

Check with your school, you may have an sro (School Resource Officer). This is an on duty police officer who works from inside the school building. After so many complaints against your sons bully you can press charges for harassment in some cases. I am not a lawyer but im dealing with an issue similar to this only parents are involved. My sons school has a resource officer. If you have one id advise you contact him as soon as possible over this matter. If you cant get anything done with your schools principal, try the school board as well. Find out when board meetings will be held and attend them. Bring up your sons case at the board meeting and be prepared with any evidence you may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back