Salary with Overtime

kgower

Jurisdiction
Colorado
I recently accepted a new position with my employer and unbeknownst to me it was a Salary position. Even my offer letter says hourly. I fought back and HR refuses to change me back to hourly. The problem comes in that I hold a separate secondary position that is PRN and over and above my regular 40 hours. After fighting for a month they have finally approved me to work both positions, but I am being told I will only be paid at the regular hourly wage and not time and a half. Can they do this? This is a large corporation/hospital in Colorado so fighting them has been difficult already but I am not sure this is legal.

Is your gross pay equal to or greater than Colorado's minimum wage (apparently $12.56 per hour), including 1.5 that rate for any hours worked in excess of 12 per day or 40 per week?

Primary job pay around 55k yearly I am project coordinator. My secondary position I am a unit clerk for an inpatient unit.

I didn't ask for your title. I asked for your duties. A "project coordinator" tells me nothing as not every employer titles their positions the same way.

Because an employee who meets the definition of exempt is not paid on the basis of how many hours they work. That's what an exempt employee is exempt FROM - overtime.

Back