Rights of Beneficiary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOULFILLY

Will states equal share to my sister and I. She was administrator, power of attorney,as well as beneficiary.Will was never registered in Md. so I figured not to leave paper trail. I have been denied once again any disclosure of financial assets. I was given a check by my sister the day after the funeral. I have once again questioned how she arrived at that figure, only to be barraged with personal insults and spiteful, mean comments. It has been 2 years because I wanted to be as sure as I can be with what little info. I had access to. I am confident I did not receive an equal share. Just today I was informed that my mother, on her death bed, asked my sister to allocate 20,000. to each of her two sons, and she fulfilled her wishes. Does this sit right with anyone? I asked her why she never told me this before and the response was that she decided it was none of my business.
Question 1. Is that legal for her to delegate this money to her 2 sons , not stated in will?
2. What exactly can a lawyer have access to that would help my case in proving hidden assets?

If you have done nothing about this for two years, I suspect the statute of limitations has run and you are out of luck.

You cannot sit on your rights.

If you wish, hire a lawyer to look into this.

I just received this info. yesterday. Anyone have knowledge of Maryland law? Administrator of will admits, 2 yrs. later that she gave her 2 sons money that were not stated in will?

What you need to do is to contact the probate court and get a copy of the file. Then you need to consult with an attorney familar with MD probate law. The POA ended at death. She is not the personal representative until appointed by the court. She probably did not have the legal authority to give you the check. The SOL is probably close if not already past so you need to act immediately.

I called the Registry Of Wills in county where Mom passed, but my sister never registered the will so there will be no file .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back