Reasonable time to wait for offer under KY Lemon Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legal Disclaimer: The content appearing on our website is for general information purposes only.

When you submit a question or make a comment on our site or in our law forum, you clearly imply that you are interested in receiving answers, opinions and responses from other people.

The people providing legal help and who respond are volunteers who may not be lawyers, legal professionals or have any legal training or experience.

The law is also subject to change from time to time and legal statutes and regulations vary between states. It is possible that the law may not apply to you and may have changed from the time a post was made.

All information available on our site is available on an "AS-IS" basis.

It is not a substitute for professional legal assistance.

Before making any decision or accepting any legal advice, you should have a proper legal consultation with a licensed attorney with whom you have an attorney-client privilege.

For purposes of New York and New Jersey State ethics rules, please take notice that this website and its case reviews may constitute attorney advertising.

I'm not sure what I said to elicit such harsh judgement

What you perceived as harshness, I perceived as a dose of reality.

At the risk of you perceiving "harshness" again I'll move on.

My questions are primarily about negotiation

How you negotiate is you tell the manufacturer how much money you want and you present documentation as to how you arrived at that amount. Then they make you a counter offer. If you don't like the counter offer you file suit. For a thousand or two you can use small claims court without a lawyer.

Knowing "ranges" and "precedents" isn't going to help you. You either have X dollars in monetary damages, and can prove it, or you don't. Neither the manufacturer nor a judge is going to care what somebody else got or what some other court awarded.

The manufacturer and the judge already know that you are entitled to reimbursement for "ascertainable" losses. They've been through this thousands of times.

But that doesn't mean I should be uninformed about what the courts have accepted or rejected in the past, does it? In order to reasonably evaluate the fairness (in the eyes of the court, not academically) of an offer, by either side, I was simply asking for direction about where to look for precedent.

Fair is where you go on rides and eat cotton candy. Fair has nothing to do with any of this. Again, if you have X dollars in losses you submit documentation.

All I can say is that, if any professional spoke to me that way, it'd be the last time we spoke.

What will you say when a judge tells you something you don't want to hear? Please judgie, don't be harsh with me.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back