Security Deposit Question about returning security deposit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjjo1112

We moved out on May 18th and on May 19th- I sent an email to our LL requesting a walk through of the property. They did not get back to me with a date until June 4th. I did the walk through, there were multiple issues they had that I didn't agree with. Today is day 30 (NH has 30 days to return security deposit I think) and I haven't received an itemized list or my deposit back. They just sent an email that they are planning on dropping it off tomorrow- I'm assuming they are thinking that 30 days from the 18th is the 18th of June, but since May has 31 days- the 17th is actually the 30 day limit. Since they are over the 30 days, do they have any right to claim damages?
Thanks

When did your lease end? I don't know what limits you're referring to or whether you believe that moving out means there is a 30 day limit from that point. What I don't know is when the lease actually ended. Regardless of when it ended, the landlord must provide you with an itemization for any deductions they take on your security deposit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back