Pulled over when parked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drucifer

Earlier today, I was followed by a Beaverton Police Officer onto Denny Road. I turned onto Lombard and was followed by the cop. I then Turned onto a side street and parked right there. The cop came around the corner, pulled up behind me, and the overhead lights started flashing. The officer issued a citation for failure to display a front license plate. All traffic movement was executed in a legal manner (turn signals used, speed limit obeyed, etc.)

My questions about this are:

1. If the officer is following me for something, but, the overhead lights arent flashing, can this officer pull me over after I've parked my car?

2. I looked up the law that was cited on the ticket and I found that vehicles must display two plates if two are required, yet I can't seem to find the part that describes the requirements for multiple plates.

Can someone help me, please?

All traffic movement was executed in a legal manner (turn signals used, speed limit obeyed, etc.)

And you weren't cited for any of these.

The requirements are one on the front and one on the rear. I don't find that very complicated. If you need another plate go to the DMV.

Yes he can stop you after you park. I would think that if he did not stop you before you parked that he was probaly running you tag through ncic. This in some cases could take a few minutes and he would not want to blue light you and then find out that the vehicle is stolen. He would just follow the vehicle until all the information he needed came back. If you pulled into a parking lot he would blue light you either way at this time because he would want you to know for sure that he did not want you to exit the vehicle or try to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back