Personal injury hit by live wire and a well known convenience store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria Vaughan

Jurisdiction
Virginia
Long story short, I was hit by live wired in a big well known Convenience store Here's my thing I did hire. Mike, cause you're my current attorney that dealt with my car accident. Well, now this is 2 and a 1/2 years later and that attorney. I don't know what's going on in the office. But they tell me they wanna release. My has me not understanding because. I've seen multiple doctors. I've had a lot of physical therapy. And as my doctor told me that live wire. Touching my body damaged my nerves, and to this day. The pain never stopped. It's one of those things you learn to deal with. Because it's not ever getting better. But what do I do at this point? Since that particular attorney wants to release from the case, I'm not at fault about the. Live wired touching my body. Obviously, if there's insurance, wanna offer me money such beyond ridiculous. You damage me for life and the money. You're offering me is like spitting in my face and I don't take well to the insult. Obviously I refuse to settled but I want my Justice in court. Because I want a jury to hear my case on how me as an individual. Got hit by live wire in a convenience store. That obviously interrupted their whole life perspective because they have to adjust certain things. the pain levels that go to your body because of that damaged nerves. I asked doctor just to fix it and she told me a cant.
My question is simple if I in no way want to accept the ridiculous amount of settlements from there. Insurance Company? How do I get another attorney to pick everything? That the previous attorney got, which are the bills from everything and I guess all the paperwork but again. For me as an individual. I wanna talk about it all on TV because totally not fair. It's not right, and sheets need to do better about hiring there. Insurance people because a woman like me coming from the city. I love to speak about stuff like that. And write nice letters to the news channels to kind of blow sheets up that you damage an individual and your insurance offer them this. And she's damaged for the rest of her life. And I'm really not trying to do how I know how to do. That part is simple to spread it everywhere where the mouth simple. However, I just want to find another attorney. That don't mind going to court and fighting for me. That damaged individual. For life

If you hire another attorney you will still have to pay the first attorney for his work.

That will cut deeply into whatever settlement or award you eventually get.

If you don't want to accept the current offer, then tell your attorney no, it's not good enough and you want to go to trial.

Was your lawsuit already filed within the two year limit?

Gah! That was a tough read. For the sake other others, I'm attempting a rewrite:

TL;DR I was hit by a live wire in a big well known Convenience store 2 and 1/2 years ago.

I retained an attorney at the time.

The attorney now wants to release be released from the case.

I've seen multiple doctors. I've had a lot of physical therapy. My doctor told me that my nerves are damaged permanently. I am still in pain. I have been told by the doctor that there is nothing that can be done about my chronic pain.

What do I do at this point? I feel like the insurance settlement offered is way too low, because I have a permanent change in my quality of life. I would like to go to court, because I want a jury to hear my case. I feel that the outcome would be better, as I would be seen as an individual.

Since I do not want accept the ridiculously low settlement offered by the Insurance Company, and my attorney wants to be released for the case, where do I go from here? How do I get another attorney to take over on a contingency basis?

I'm angry and I want the world to know it, and I want justice for me. How do I find another attorney that will go to court and fight for me?

The only way I know of to get a new attorney is to research and have initial consults with attorneys in your area that specialize in handling these kind of cases. They may all have the same reaction - that the insurance settlement offered it the best you can hope for. Or they may see that, due to your ongoing pain issues that reduce your quality of life, and the ability of you to function productively, there may be a viable case to pursue.

Some factors that might affect how your case is viewed:
1) Were you injured while on the job or as a customer?
2) How did this happen? Like, did a live wire suddenly fall down and hit you while you were minding your own business (unavoidable)? Or were you doing something that might have increased the risk (avoidable)? Whether you could have done something to avoid the problem matters. Whether the business could have reasonably be expected to have been able to prevent the accident matters.
3) Your age and earning capability at the time of the accident, especially if you are no longer able to work as a result of your accident, because this "loss of future earnings" varies.

I wish you luck.

My question from reading this is was it a Mom and Pop store or chain convenience store? The attorney dropped it because either liability was in question or the insurance liability coverage of the store owner was vastly inadequate.

My question from reading this is was it a Mom and Pop store or chain convenience store? The attorney dropped it because either liability was in question or the insurance liability coverage of the store owner was vastly inadequate.

I took "big well known" to imply a national chain, like 7/11.

However, I had a lot of difficulty reading OP's post. It reads like something translated into English by an AI program.

I took "big well known" to imply a national chain, like 7/11.

However, I had a lot of difficulty reading OP's post. It reads like something translated into English by an AI program.

Maybe it is, AI is a great tool for both attorneys and knowledge. Everything is on the interwebz

Gah! That was a tough read. For the sake other others, I'm attempting a rewrite:

TL;DR I was hit by a live wire in a big well known Convenience store 2 and 1/2 years ago.

I retained an attorney at the time.

The attorney now wants to release be released from the case.

I've seen multiple doctors. I've had a lot of physical therapy. My doctor told me that my nerves are damaged permanently. I am still in pain. I have been told by the doctor that there is nothing that can be done about my chronic pain.

What do I do at this point? I feel like the insurance settlement offered is way too low, because I have a permanent change in my quality of life. I would like to go to court, because I want a jury to hear my case. I feel that the outcome would be better, as I would be seen as an individual.

Since I do not want accept the ridiculously low settlement offered by the Insurance Company, and my attorney wants to be released for the case, where do I go from here? How do I get another attorney to take over on a contingency basis?

I'm angry and I want the world to know it, and I want justice for me. How do I find another attorney that will go to court and fight for me?

The only way I know of to get a new attorney is to research and have initial consults with attorneys in your area that specialize in handling these kind of cases. They may all have the same reaction - that the insurance settlement offered it the best you can hope for. Or they may see that, due to your ongoing pain issues that reduce your quality of life, and the ability of you to function productively, there may be a viable case to pursue.

Some factors that might affect how your case is viewed:
1) Were you injured while on the job or as a customer?
2) How did this happen? Like, did a live wire suddenly fall down and hit you while you were minding your own business (unavoidable)? Or were you doing something that might have increased the risk (avoidable)? Whether you could have done something to avoid the problem matters. Whether the business could have reasonably be expected to have been able to prevent the accident matters.
3) Your age and earning capability at the time of the accident, especially if you are no longer able to work as a result of your accident, because this "loss of future earnings" varies.

I wish you luck.
Thank you, Red! Most excellent job!

Need new Lawyer for my live wire injury. Hit with live wire Dr told me electricity damage my Nerves. No solutions with Dr's except Pain pills. Nothing they can do for me. My then lawyer chose to realize from my case don't want to go to court. I want to go to court. Life injury had physical therapy for months. I want my Justice against that 1.9 Billion company. Their insurance a joke offered $$$$ was not enough for me. Injured for the rest of my life. Treating me like a Habit person in my opinion. What they offered me. I have in my purse. In search of bad as attorney that's not afraid of Court !! Any suggestions??

Any suggestions??

Attorneys aren't permitted, or encouraged to TROLL this website seeking clients.

You won't find an attorney here, because if he/she were using this site to troll/scam for dollars, he or she would be zapped immediately.

Try looking for your legal champion on these sites:

Virginia Lawyer Referral Service

Find trusted lawyers in Virginia | Virginia Lawyer Referral Service

https://www.vba.org/page/referrals_complaints

VaLegalAid.org - A guide to free and low cost civil legal information and services in Virginia

By the way, STOP opening new threads to ask follow up questions.

Keep ALL your comments in this thread!

If it has been 2-½ years, you may have a problem if a suit has not been filed on your behalf. The statute of limitations for personal injury in Virginia appears to be two years. If a suit has not been filed to this point, you are likely barred from doing so.

Article 3. Personal Actions Generally.
§ 8.01-243. Personal action for injury to person or property generally; extension in actions for malpractice against health care provider.
A. Unless otherwise provided in this section or by other statute, every action for personal injuries, whatever the theory of recovery, and every action for damages resulting from fraud, shall be brought within two years after the cause of action accrues.

(Code of Virginia Code - Chapter 4. Limitations of Actions)

Need new Lawyer for my live wire injury. Hit with live wire Dr told me electricity damage my Nerves. No solutions with Dr's except Pain pills. Nothing they can do for me. My then lawyer chose to realize from my case don't want to go to court. I want to go to court. Life injury had physical therapy for months. I want my Justice against that 1.9 Billion company. Their insurance a joke offered $$$$ was not enough for me. Injured for the rest of my life. Treating me like a Habit person in my opinion. What they offered me. I have in my purse. In search of bad as attorney that's not afraid of Court !! Any suggestions??

Not what I asked.

Pay attention.

How did the accident occur?

1 - What part of the store were you in when it happened?
2 - What were you doing?
3 - Where did the live wire come from?
4 - How did it come into contact with you?
5 - What happened to your body when the wire came into contact with you?

Please answer AJ's questions.

Frankly, I can understand why your lawyer wants to be released from the case; your refusal to answer such questions is unhelpful at best.

@zddoodah - what is your take on my post regarding the statute of limitations?

It's a good point. I also made it when I asked if a lawsuit had been filed within the two year limit. I didn't get an answer.

My last group of questions hopefully will glean information on potential negligence of the store owner.

It's a good point. I also made it when I asked if a lawsuit had been filed within the two year limit. I didn't get an answer.
I missed your question too. I would have given you credit in my post.

Frankly, I can understand why your lawyer wants to be released from the case; your refusal to answer such questions is unhelpful at best.

I don't know what you're talking about. Refusal to answer questions. Are you freaking kidding me? They have access to all my medical. And I told them everything from the beginning to the end. So personally you should know what you're really talking about. Because you're spitting stuff. That's not valid in the case at all.

My last group of questions hopefully will glean information on potential negligence of the store owner.
I did file a case. They don't want to go to court. But it's also a total new team of lawyers. It's a real case and I'm the long-term injured party. I do wanna go to court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back