Corporate Law Partner robbed

Status
Not open for further replies.

virgilioht

The C corporation was created 2 years ago, 50% for him and 50% for me, no other wirting agreed was made.
In August 2009, I found he was paying himself $4.000 more than to me, after some talk, he accepted paid the difference.
But with the banks statements in my hand I found that additionally that he has been paying his expenses with the company account card.
Futhermore, he is paying his monthly bills automaticly from of our company account.
Now, I found that no lawyer wants my case, because the case is too small. They said that probably the money I can get is the same amount that I will need to pay to the lawyer.
For just this year, he had spend more than 20,000 in personal expenses.
For 2008 he told me that he didn't payed tax for the distribution, and that will be a problem also for myself, and he does not want to show any book of that year.
Can I charge him with embezzlement?
He has paid the bills for his wife using the corporate account, can I do something against her?
What about claims of fraud, conversion or breach of fiduciary duty?

I don't know what attorney's you are talking to but talk to better ones. Your case will NOT cost $20,000. Yes your partner has embezzled but the Judge will want you to sue first to take care of the civil issues. I know because I had one JUST like this one. Good luck.

I can't believe that you cannot find a lawyer to take your case. I think you may be contacting corporate lawyers. Look for lawyers in your area and then ask them for suggesting a lawyer that will take your case. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back