Other Criminal Procedure Parole Agent misconduct

niteowl55

Jurisdiction
California
Thank you for the website for the Parole regional office. I need a higher authority for my issue. All Parole Agents I had contact with acted in an unprofessional manner in the El Monte Office. Tryed to approach them to inquire about my daughter whom they put in handcuffs and transported her to another facility. I was only concerned because we were left in the lobby. They turned the situation around towards their benefit and I feel as her mother I have rights. as to how they handled the matter was unprofessional and I
Want action taken .My daughter has a three year old son whom I have had since her incarceration. Plus I relocated to another county for the betterment of my family. My daughter life is in danger her being in
LA county. I want some form of action for the misconduct of the Parole agents in the El Monte office.
My next move will be the media so they can be exposed. Please help me

Thank you for the website for the Parole regional office. I need a higher authority for my issue. All Parole Agents I had contact with acted in an unprofessional manner in the El Monte Office. Tryed to approach them to inquire about my daughter whom they put in handcuffs and transported her to another facility. I was only concerned because we were left in the lobby. They turned the situation around towards their benefit and I feel as her mother I have rights. as to how they handled the matter was unprofessional and I
Want action taken .My daughter has a three year old son whom I have had since her incarceration. Plus I relocated to another county for the betterment of my family. My daughter life is in danger her being in
LA county. I want some form of action for the misconduct of the Parole agents in the El Monte office.
My next move will be the media so they can be exposed. Please help me

You can write or call the director of the agency for the site in Sacramento, your governor "moonbeam" brown, your elected state senator and representative.

Be very careful, parolees have very few rights, especially if they are alleged to have violated or disobeyed any of the many rules they must follow.

A parolee is a prisoner that's allowed to complete his or her incarceration in the community under the supervision of the parole agents.

Many parolees get too comfortable and forget that parole is nothing more than virtual incarceration. Many old time "convicts" will refuse parole, do ALL of their time to avoid being on "paper".

Your time might be better spent seeing that your daughter gets a lawyer (or requests a court appointed lawyer) and seeks a parole revocation hearing.

You also can start getting six or seven character witnesses who can attest to her efforts at rehabilitation while she's been back in the free world.

Your daughter is an adult, correct? As such, your position as her mother has zero legal bearing on the matter. The Parole Agent could choose to inform you of what was happening at his or her discretion, but is NOT legally required to do so.

As a parolee, your daughter has some very limited rights. Keep in mind that she COULD/should still be in prison! She has been released on stringent conditions that she must fulfill in order to remain out of custody. Apparently she failed to comply with some condition of her parole. Now, she can be remanded for up to 30 days and a hearing to revoke her parole will be held (if her offense warrants such a hearing). It is rare these days that a parolee is violated and sent back to prison, so the odds are she will remain in custody either in a county lockup or a state prison for no more than 30 days.

And, again, YOU have zero legal standing on the matter. I am not sure what you want to complain about, but the Parole Agent's are not obliged to speak with you. if they were rude and unprofessional, that's certainly an issue you can bring up to a supervisor. But, the fact that they took her away is not so much a personnel issue as one of law and you might be better served to contact her attorney and let him know what happened.

Back