Out-of-State company owes me

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjess

A mortgage foreclosure management company in a neighboring state hired my husband and I to photograph the foreclosed property and "secure it" by replacing the lock on the main entry.

I consulted local police before beginning any work, not wanting to end up charged with any crime.

The company provided documentation as recommended by police, and we completed the job.

After we finished, it was requested that we wire the keys to a utility meter on the property, but we worried that would leave us liable if someone gained entry to the property, so we have the keys at our office.

Several months have passed since we completed the job, and we've heard nothing further from the other company; no phone calls, no letters, no response to demand for payment, and no payment.

What is our best recourse to collect from them since we are in two different states?
Can I contact the local realtor the property is listed with?

What is our best recourse to collect from them since we are in two different states?
Can I contact the local realtor the property is listed with?

You can try. The realtor isn't going to pay your bill, but they might know something about the company. Your recourse is to sue the company that hasn't paid you, and you'll have to do that in small claims in their state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back