Online video

Most likely you'll be infringing on copyright and get sued.

If you post more details you might get other helpful comments.

A youtuber with large following receives stories from his fans then re-tells the stories to his audience. So, it's a violation of copyright unless i get his permission right?

A youtuber with large following receives stories from his fans then re-tells the stories to his audience. So, it's a violation of copyright unless i get his permission right?

Online transactions also cover the US , don't they?

Where are you located?

Where is the "[Y]ou[T]uber with [a] large following located"?

Where are "his fans" located?

What is the method by which the YouTuber receives the stories, and is there any sort of license agreement made between the YouTuber and his fans?

Are the stories factual or fictional?

Where are you located?

Where is the "[Y]ou[T]uber with [a] large following located"?

Where are "his fans" located?

What is the method by which the YouTuber receives the stories, and is there any sort of license agreement made between the YouTuber and his fans?

Are the stories factual or fictional?

All the locations are in SE Asia.

Stories received either by email or text messages. There is very unlikely any agreement between the YouTuber and his fans. They are solicited stories and anyone can just write to him.

The stories are factual.

The stories are factual.

I'm very skeptical about such revelations.

What you refer to as stories, would more closely resemble rumors or gossip.

rumors.jpg

gossip.jpg

The fact that the youtuber gets unsolicited emails telling stories about their experiences doesn't impact what you are asking about. That is between the youtuber and the people that contact him/her.

What you need to worry about is your use of the youtuber's published videos. Depending on how much of the content you use and the manner in which you use it may or may not require permission.

Look up and understand the Fair Use doctrine in copyright law.

Back