online divorces

Status
Not open for further replies.

momx5

someone suggested to me that I look into an online divorce since my husband and I are not going to contest anything... We are in complete agreement on all issues.
How safe is this? I checked and it's a great deal cheaper...but I DO want a real DIVORCE!
THANKS

someone suggested to me that I look into an online divorce since my husband and I are not going to contest anything... We are in complete agreement on all issues.
How safe is this? I checked and it's a great deal cheaper...but I DO want a real DIVORCE!
THANKS

This might not work for you, as you wish to relinquish any custodial rights you possess.
Hire an attorney, pay a few thousand, get the divorce, your freedom, and he can have the child.
Good luck.

Last edited:
ok, so now you are judging me without knowing the situation. I never wanted my "freedom" from this little girl... Our story is very complicated and I understand how it must come across, but I wish I could at least get some outside advice without feeling like i'm a horrible woman. I'm not! Situations like this make so very sorry for anytime I might have passed judgment on someone that didn't deserve it.
This whole thing is hard enough....
thanks for making it harder

ok, so now you are judging me without knowing the situation. I never wanted my "freedom" from this little girl... Our story is very complicated and I understand how it must come across, but I wish I could at least get some outside advice without feeling like i'm a horrible woman. I'm not! Situations like this make so very sorry for anytime I might have passed judgment on someone that didn't deserve it.
This whole thing is hard enough....
thanks for making it harder

Divorce from your husband was the freedom I was referencing.

Frankly, I don't care what anyone does, as long as it doesn't involve me.

I don't judge people, unless I'm wearing my black dress. I'm also a judge.

At my age, and after four decades of practicing law, I've seen and heard it all.

If I'm not being paid to judge, or I'm not involved, whatever others CHOOSE to do, how they live their lives, who they want to love or hate, is NONE of my concern.

I don't care about presidents, potentates, impotence, erectile dysfunction, war, peace, hunger, wealth, taxes, the weather, protests, bad dads, good moms, bad kids, tough kids, poor folks, nope, I don't care about nothing. I used to care, now that I'm old, nothing bothers me.

I mind my own business.

Don't bother apologizing, my skin is very thick, so my feelings can't be hurt by people I don't know.

Last edited:
THANKS

Please explain 'online divorce'.

In Alabama, there is no 'online' divorce. Somebody will have to physically go to the county courthouse, file paperwork and pay the fees.

http://www.alabamalegalhelp.org/resource/do-it-yourself-instructions-and-forms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back