notice of presentment hearing

M

mark roybal

Jurisdiction
New Mexico
what is: Granting Motion for Judgment on Pleadings?

Pleadings - The formal presentations of claims or defenses by the parties to a lawsuit.

Motion - A formal way of asking a judge to rule on something.

Judgment - A judge's decision.

Grant - Give something or agree to something.

Granting Motion for Judgment on Pleadings

A party has presented claims or defenses to the judge and asked the judge for a decision based on those claims or defenses. The judge ruled in favor of the party that asked for the decision.

That about cover it?

Pleadings - The formal presentations of claims or defenses by the parties to a lawsuit.

A party has presented claims or defenses to the judge and asked the judge for a decision based on those claims or defenses. The judge ruled in favor of the party that asked for the decision.

That about cover it?

That about cover it?

That about cover it?
Not my land, why should I concern myself (quitclaim deed)?

Not at all, but near-by.

That might explain it. When there is litigation involving a land dispute many defendants (or plaintiffs) are listed for notification purposes in an effort to avoid having some unexpected person come out of the woodwork later.

Were you listed among the defendants?

You'll have to decide it this concerns you but eventually the litigation will be over and there will be a judgment on record with your name on it. Might be of no consequence. Might end up on your credit report. I'm just guessing. If it's an issue for you, you might contact the Plaintiff's attorney and see if you can get dismissed from the lawsuit (in writing, filed with the court) in exchange for your signature on a quitclaim deed if this is a property dispute. All a quitclaim deed does is convey any interest you MIGHT have in the property. If you don't have any interest in the property, it's harmless and gets your name off the lawsuit before it goes to judgment.

Back