Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant No warrant

Status
Not open for further replies.

anothervictim

My neighbor threatened my life and I called the police. Wrong thing to do. The guy I called the cops on was the police chiefs best friend.

I was beaten , arrested, had my house searched and trashed, and my kids taken away because of this call I made to the police.

1. if I was arrested in my front yard did they have to right to break down my door, search and trash my house?
2. If a call is about a family member or close friend should the office remove himself from the call?
3. This was beating number 7 for this cop in 2 years is there anything i can do? internal affairs laughed at me.

Why did your neighbor threaten your life?

What did you do the cops say you did to the neighbor when he threatened your life?

anothervictim said:
My neighbor threatened my life and I called the police. Wrong thing to do. The guy I called the cops on was the police chiefs best friend.

I was beaten , arrested, had my house searched and trashed, and my kids taken away because of this call I made to the police.
Me thinketh there is more to the tale then has been related.

As Seniorjudge asked, what did the neighbor SAY you did? What do the police say you did? And what do YOU say you did?

1. if I was arrested in my front yard did they have to right to break down my door, search and trash my house?
Maybe. This would be fact dependent. Without details it is impossible to say.

2. If a call is about a family member or close friend should the office remove himself from the call?
Possibly. In some cases it just isn't possible. And in many cases, it is not neccessary.

I live and work in a small town, and it hard for me to go to ANY call where I do not know at least one of the parties to some degree.

3. This was beating number 7 for this cop in 2 years is there anything i can do? internal affairs laughed at me.
Did they really laugh? :eek:

You can hire an attorney to evaluate your specific circumstance and see if you have a case agains the officer or agency involved. If the neighbor lied (knowingly and intentionally) to get you arrested, you may have a case against him as well.

- Carl

For 3 years these neighbors have tried to make us move. we rent therefore we are white trash and dont belong on their block.

The neighbor came over after his girlfriends 10 yo brother came to my yard and started hitting on my 4 yo and a 9 yo friend of my 9 yo. the friend of my son called the cops from his cellphone it was then the neighbor came over and said i am going to get you out by any means possible even if i have to burn down the house with you in it.

I then called the cops. when they arrived they read me the riot act about wasting their time. they then informed me they woud not file a report or take a complaint. with that they went to the neighbors house.

After they left the neighbors girfriend called me and said i was going to jail and have my kids taken away. and that night thats what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back