New wife picking up my kids

D

Doesn'tmakesense

Jurisdiction
Arkansas
I have recently married and my exwife says she won't allow my new wife to pick the kids up, she is saying that she won't allow them go to with her because I am not there. I have classes and work to juggle and if my wife could get the kids I could be there when they came home. Does my ex have the right to refuse giving them to my new wife?

I have recently married and my exwife says she won't allow my new wife to pick the kids up, she is saying that she won't allow them go to with her because I am not there. I have classes and work to juggle and if my wife could get the kids I could be there when they came home. Does my ex have the right to refuse giving them to my new wife?

Apparently your former spouse IS asserting her ability to say NO.

Your cure is to negotiate a compromise, go back to court to litigate it, or accept your former spouse's verdict as law.

I suggest you read your custody/visitation order.
If her edict is in violation of said order, tell her so, remind her gently.
If she still refuses, off to court you must go to seek a change.

If the order indicates YOU must pick up the kids, off to court you must go.

Read the order thoroughly, understand the order, many of your answers are in the order.

I have recently married and my exwife says she won't allow my new wife to pick the kids up, she is saying that she won't allow them go to with her because I am not there. I have classes and work to juggle and if my wife could get the kids I could be there when they came home.

I'm sorry. Are you really that stupid that you would send your new wife to your ex-wife's house to pick up the children.

That's like pulling the pin on a hand grenade and not letting it go.

This is not an uncommon issue. Its petty (on both sides) and courts tend to frownwhen you ask them to get involved. Try to discuss this like adults with your EX and come up with a common solution. I also suggest you both learn to "co parent" as I doubt this is or will be only issue going forward

Back