Need Help with a Legal issue- can't get ahold of my private counsel

C

Concerned Dad

Jurisdiction
Illinois
Hello TheLaw,

So I'm going to do my best to not write a novel here.

I'm going through a bit of a legal battle right now.

I'm in the middle of a sort of custody battle with the mother of my child's (We'll call her A) mother. My 6 year old son's grandmother, we'll call her K. She has temporary custody of my son because in 2014, A, my son's mother, was doing a bunch of dumb stuff, drugs, etc, neglecting him, etc. DCFS got involved, took noah and he was put in the custody of K. The reason I didn't get him and had to sign over temporary custody was because I was homeless at the time, and had no job. Please don't judge, there's a reason for that.

At any rate, I am working now, I've been cooperating with DCFS and just recently acquired a paid attorney.

The DCFS case worker (We'll call her D) told me I am permitted to go to my son's football games (as long as K was present) about a month ago, when he first started. I've been going to the games, but I've been on the sidelines, cheering him on, helping him stay in the game- supporting him basically.

As a side note, DCFS has been very deceptive and biased. D, the caseworker, has lied on numerous occasions- ie, not informing me of ACR meetings, lying in reports about a plethora of things to make me look bad. D the caseworker and K, the grandmother are friends (it's a very small town) so she clearly wants my son to stay with K.

So, MY ISSUE:

At the last court date, my attorney, D and I were all standing around talking. Somehow the fact that I'd been going to the games came up. D asked me if I was talking to my son during these games. I said yes. My attorney jumped in and said, "Can he not have contact with his son at the games? He has no order of protection or anything, he should very well be allowed to go to his games and be on sidelines as well as the bleachers"

She responded with, "Well, it constitutes a visit" The attorney said, "No it doesn't." She replied with, "Thats what my boss says." (She says that all the time so she can evade responsibility for her deliberate parental alienation)

I believe the attorney requested some sort of a written proof that her boss is saying I'm not allowed to be near my son at his games.

To get to the point- My son had a football game today. I went (K was there), and I was on the sidelines cheering him on and talking to him. When the game was over, I started walking toward K to hand her my son's football gear. She was filming me without speaking and taking photographs of me next to my child. Obviously, she's planning on using this video and photographic BS as evidence against me somehow.

It freaked me out and I feel like I've done something wrong that will be used against me in court. I won't be able to get ahold of me lawyer till.. Really I don't know when, he's a busy guy.

So I figured I'd ask you guys.

Please, any information on this that you may have in mind, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

PS: Sorry, I ended up writing the novel anyway, huh? Sorry. :)

Sincerely,

A Concerned Father

I'm not even going to attempt to read that.

I read enough to know you have an attorney - you should be dealing with him. If he can't be contacted to answer an important question then maybe it's time to find another who is more responsive.

As suggested, consult your attorney.
He or she will eventually get back to you.
In the meantime, be smart, stay in the bleachers.
You could be setting yourself up for a big takedown.
Don't let others make you a puppet.
You're a human being.
You have a brain, use it.

Legal advice comes from your Attorney not volunteers on forum site who may or may not have law degrees or may or may not practice family law and may or may not have live and/or work in your jurisdiction

Back