Need any help I can get please

Status
Not open for further replies.

amking86

I have a daughter with my ex husband. We share custody however, he is the primary custodial parent. When we first got divorced for about 2 years, he followed the custody arrangements. Then he met his now wife and he slowly started ignoring my phone calls and somehow would always have plans with my daughter and his new wife during what was scheduled as my time with my daughter. Now, he no longer answers any phone calls and is refusing to let me see my daughter. I need to know what I need to do in order to get custody changed or to get him to have to let me see my daughter. Please, all help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
If he is violating a court order, you will have to take him back before the court that created the original custody order.

To do that, I suggest you speak with an attorney.

Yeah, it is expensive.

But, how much is your daughter worth to you?

Great, then retain an attorney, without one you will continue to be shut out of your child's life!

Hi, I have been in a similiar situation, but I have joint legal and physical custody of my children, and I also live in Illinois. Call the Land of Lincoln referrel and resource line, that number is 1-877-342-7891 they take calls Monday through Friday from 9:30am until 1:30 pm. Explain the situation and they will be able to guide you in the direction as far as court paper filing goes, ect. They may also be able to represent in court. Also you can call your local police department and tell them what is going on, just make sure you have all your custody papers when you do this, as they will need to see them in order to cite him for violating a court ordered custody agreement

Thanks however I have spoken to Land of Lincoln and Prairie State legal services. Both have told me that since my ex lives in a different county that neither one can help me. I either need to move to his county or he needs to move to mine so I have to do most of this myself. Thanks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back