my new husband adopting my kids from previous marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

annalise11

I have a question. my ex-husband told me today he will give up his parental rights so my new husband can adopt them. how do i go about it and can i do the paper work myself. i dont have alotof money and want my new husband to adopt them. :)

This is not a do it yourself project and something like this should not be done unless the kids have no relationship at all with bio Dad. Why does Dad want to legally abandon his kids? Is he aware that is what he would be doing? He'll have no rights to them at all. You really need an attorney.

my ex-husband was very abusive the whole time we were married, he has not been in their lives 4 the past 5 years as has not paid a dime to help. he lives in a diff state got his girlfriend knocked up and wants to make a new life with thm. he hasn't been involved at all, my new husband has been raising them the past 5 years. he is a loser piece of crap, and abuses his new girfriend too and she is pregnant! the kids dont want nethng to do with him and want my husband now to adopt them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back