Moving before custody hearing

SmivvyBeats

Jurisdiction
Rhode Island
My ex filed a restraining order against me that includes my daughter. At the court hearing I was informed that she had filed for sole custody so the judge continued the order until May 31st (almost two months later) because that is the date of the custody hearing. I just found out my daughter has changed schools and they have moved. My family and I have always been a big part of my daughters life up until this restraining order was filed. I'm not sure where they moved but I'm pretty sure it's within the star and with my ex's new boyfriend. Can she legally do this while the custody hearing is still pending?

My ex filed a restraining order against me that includes my daughter. At the court hearing I was informed that she had filed for sole custody so the judge continued the order until May 31st (almost two months later) because that is the date of the custody hearing. I just found out my daughter has changed schools and they have moved. My family and I have always been a big part of my daughters life up until this restraining order was filed. I'm not sure where they moved but I'm pretty sure it's within the star and with my ex's new boyfriend. Can she legally do this while the custody hearing is still pending?

She most certainly can, because that's precisely what you believe she did.

The law doesn't care if she takes 5,000 men as her love slaves. In fact, you can take 50,000 men or women to be your love slaves, too.

Until the court order is established, unless she abuses, neglects, or molests her child, the law won't care.

She most certainly can, because that's precisely what you believe she did.

The law doesn't care if she takes 5,000 men as her love slaves. In fact, you can take 50,000 men or women to be your love slaves, too.

Until the court order is established, unless she abuses, neglects, or molests her child, the law won't care.

My concern is not the new boyfriend. My concern is that she has changed my daughters school and moved her away from me and my family. My family is the only family my daughter has around here. My daughter is 7 years old and has been with me most of the time right up until this restraining order was filed.

My concern is not the new boyfriend. My concern is that she has changed my daughters school and moved her away from me and my family. My family is the only family my daughter has around here. My daughter is 7 years old and has been with me most of the time right up until this restraining order was filed.

Unless you were married, you must establish paternity, seek court ordered visitation and child support.

Absent that, you're a legal stranger to the woman's daughter.

Unless you were married, you must establish paternity, seek court ordered visitation and child support.

Absent that, you're a legal stranger to the woman's daughter.
I am the father, my daughter was with me most of the time until her mother filed for a restraining order.

My ex has moved my daughter away and changed her school

Were you married to the child's mother before the child was born?
Have established paternity?
Did you ever go to court to establish paternity, custody, and child support?

Custody, ALL custody and control of children born out of wedlock is vested in the birth mother.

The birth mother can take HER child anywhere she wishes without your permission.

If you had a court order appointing you as the custodial parent, you can return to the court where it was issued and file contempt proceedings against the child's mother.

You can also report the child's kidnapping to the police, if you are the court appointed custodial parent. Be sure you take the court order with you when you visit the police station.

Absent a court order, you're NOT the child's father.
You're what I am to the child, a LEGAL STRANGER.

Back