motion for contempt of visitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendy

My husband's ex wife moved to PA almost 2 years ago. They have 4 children together, and my husband has residential custody of 3 of the 4. The 4th child now resides in PA with her mother. Since the move to PA, it has been increasingly difficult for my husband to see/speak to his daughter. I drafted a motion for parenting time (yes, I did it myself!) and he filed it with the clerk of courts. The judge approved the parenting schedule submitted. I then drafted a letter (signed by my husband) mailed certified return receipt asking her to comply with the court order, and giving her 2 dates to chose from to start the summer visitation. The deadline date expired and I have drafted a motion for contempt that my husband filed and we have a hearing date in august. They were married and divorced in ohio, where my husband and I still reside. (and where all the hearings are currently taking place). My question is, if she is found in contempt, will the long arm of the law reach to PA, or is this just another bench warrant that she may get caught on "if" she gets a traffic violation or something that alerts the local authorities. I can almost guarantee that she will not show for the hearing. She hasn't for any of the others.

I know that you can file a motion for the court to find her in contempt. But like with my situation, I do not know if they will find her in contempt and if that will really help with seeing the child. I guess I will know more in august unless someone else has an insight.

New Question on jurisdiction

Ok, I have been doing research on this,(my first thread) and I am wondering if Ohio has the jurisdiction over visitation orders. My question is, does PA have jurisdiction instead of ohio due to the fact the PA is the child's "home state"? She lives there with her mother and it has been about 1 1/2 years. So, is even if the motion for contempt goes through, do I need to petition PA for visitation? Or can I just register the court order from Ohio with PA for PA to enforce it?

Help with visitation and contempt of court

I am almost positive that the home state of origin has precidence over the custody. I am having a similiar problem with the mother of my oldest child. I would love to have your input on this. I pay child support. I pressed the courts to put my name on my daughters birth certificate which they granted and said that she was respnsible for this matter. However, she has not done anything that the court has ordered. I am at a loss. I reside out of state in WV and am moving back home to Ohio because I have not been awarded visitation. The courts that handled the proceedings for child support and the other various issues, couldnt make any visitation orders because the state that the child was born in or that the child resided in at birth is where i have to make my case. I have never been through the legal process to get visitation for a child and due to my health issues i am not in the position to pay for legal representation. I need to know how to petition the courts for joint custody or in the least standard visitation. The mother of my oldest child dodged the DNA testing for 7 years after the courts made a ruling in my behalf that she do so, and only after moving to another state and involving the CSEA there did I get her to finally take her half of the peternity test. I know that she should have been cited for contempt then, the judge dismissed all back child support and sternly reprimanded her for prohibiting my child and I from having a relationship. I am wanting to get the proceeding started ASAP and really need some guidance. Help me please.

Ohio would have jurisdiction here since that is where the order is out of.

Everyone else please start your own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back