Mortgage with my ex

Status
Not open for further replies.

amygirl23

I have a home that was awarded to my ex husband in our divorce in 2007. He was suppose to refinance within one year to get it out of my name etc. He is now stating he can't due to the bad market etc. All I ever hear is excuses. There is no equity in the home i'm pretty sure and it appraises for lower than the value. He claims he can't do anything until he comes up with the difference? We refinanced our home at one point to draw out the equity. Due to his poor credit (?) I took the first mortgate through one bank and he took the second morgtage through another bank. I need advice on how to get this out of my name before something bad happens and my credit is ruined and I owe on a home. So far he hasn't defaulted on a payment and no damage has been done, but he seems to have no interest at all in doing anything. HELP!

Amy

I need advice on how to get this out of my name before something bad happens and my credit is ruined and I owe on a home.

If you two cannot refinance, then make sure that each and every payment is made on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back