manufacturing patented products

Status
Not open for further replies.

traveler

I have two questions related my future business:

1. I'd like to make a product overseas. The product already patented by others. I just don't like the design. I want to make my own design using the same concept and technology. For example: a coffee maker or toaster. They are looked boring. I'd like to make a decorative coffee maker (made of hardwood and engraved in gold design) and put my own label on it. I would sell them in the US market. Do I need to get a license or some kind of right to make the product?

2. I also want to make a couple of pomotional products something like pen, flashlight, bags and etc. using my own designs, logo, or drawings. Should I obtain license for those kind of items too?

Thanks you very much for your help in advance.

Last edited:
1. If you're changing the design of a patented product you'd likely need to obtain rights to do so. You may also want to protect your design as well.

2. Assuming you've got promotional items you'd like to add a design or logo, there are many companies already providing products ready for application and that is clearly the easiest route to go.

Best of luck...

thank you professor

I appreciate your help. I will follow your suggestions and check into where and how to obtain a right for my target products. :yes:
traveler

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back