Man Lied About Having a Vasectomy

Christine8686

Jurisdiction
Oregon
Hello,

Isn't there a law that was recently implemented regarding lying about birth control or vasectomy? I met a guy who lied to me about having a vasectomy.

Hello,

Isn't there a law that was recently implemented regarding lying about birth control or vasectomy? I met a guy who lied to me about having a vasectomy.
Did you get pregnant as a result?
Why didn't you ask him to use a condom to lower the risk of disease transmission?

Hello,

My research was unable to find any criminal statute supporting males can't lie about having a vesectomy.

In the future, be smart enough never to engage in any sexual activity with a stranger.

Never trust what a relative stranger or random person says about sex.

If you don't know, have zero PROOF, don't engage in sexual liasons; if you wish to remain disease free, have no children, or desire to remain alive.

Did you get pregnant as a result?
Why didn't you ask him to use a condom to lower the risk of disease transmission?

I did ask him - but this was a man I trusted and believed only after did I find out he was lying about the vasectomy. Only found out much later it wasn't true via texts he got himself caught in the lie.

I did ask him - but this was a man I trusted and believed only after did I find out he was lying about the vasectomy. Only found out much later it wasn't true via texts he got himself caught in the lie.
sigh...

If you don't want to get pregnant or get a STD, you are responsible for protecting yourself. You should not trust anyone with your health.

Do not have sex with a man unless he is wearing a condom, and you are on birth control.

ETA: This is a conversation your parents should have had with you when they told you about the "birds and the bees" when you were 11/12.

Another problem you have is that vasectomies are not 100% effective at preventing pregnancy. In other words, even if he had had a vasectomy, he could still get someone pregnant.

Isn't there a law that was recently implemented regarding lying about birth control or vasectomy?

I can find no evidence (using a google search) of such a law in Oregon. Why do you believe such a law might exist?

I met a guy who lied to me about having a vasectomy.

OK...so? Are you a woman, and did you have sex with this man? If so, did you become pregnant as a result? I note that you were already asked these questions but ignored them in your follow up post.

Back