leaving because of mold

Status
Not open for further replies.

iloveyou

we have to leave our home that we have been renting for 7 yrs. the owner does not want to fix the problems with our home. so the city is making us leave because there are signs of mold. being that we have been sick i feel that yes we should. but going from 550 to 1050 in rent is a big jump. the owner is not evan trying to help us with expencies becuae it is her fault that we have to leave. we evan had to pay the rent up to the 1st of april but leave on april 14th. how mighty of her. i feel that i should be able to ask her for money like a settlement because we have been sick we have 4 children all have really been sick this last year. what can i do.

Give this forum some more details. For example; How is the mold the landlord's fault? Did pipes break and/or leak and the landlord didn't fix the problem? How and when did the city get involved? When did you first have knowledge of the mold problem and how did you try and solve the problem with the landlord? Did a doctor state that the health problems your family has experienced was directly related to the mold? Is the residence a single family dwelling like a house or is it a duplex or an apartment complex? If a complex did other tenents have a problem with mold?

mold

first of all the owner has 6 properies and all are in the same or better. the roof has been leaking for years we had a company give an estament to have fix owner refussed to have it done. we have offered to have it fixed and take it out of rent again they refussed. the kitchen sink has been leaking that caused mold and the back wall to rot away. again we have many times asked to have the repairs done. the same as the rest of the rents they have. the city was called out because i was getting rid of trash. i had it piled up in my front yard and it was being loaded the next morning to be taken to the dump. while they were here they seen the plastic i put on the roof and they ask if i owned the house. i said the owner has been asked many times to have if fixed. that is when they decieded to have an inpection on the house.

Do you have any medical or scientific proof that the mold is dangerous to you?

All we have is the fact that everyone in the home suffers from cronic cough asthma runny nose we are in the dr.s 1 to 3 time a month. the city says there is mold and it is haszard to our health and we have to leave. they have seen proof that the owner does not care of the condition of the houses and is in the process of inspecting the other homes.

Before you vacate, take loads of pictures of the mold areas AND if possible, get a copy of the city's inspection report then get to an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back