Lawyer quit on me

Status
Not open for further replies.

soweary

My jurisdiction is: southern new jersey

Hi, what to do now.my lawyer has quit on me right before my jury trial, she was VERY mad at me for not settleing the case, from the very beginning I was preparing for my trial, but everything I tried to do she just ignored, witnesses we needed she would not get ETC, Long story short, she just up and left cause she did not want to go to a jury trial, she told me later that she never did them before, although when I hired her she said she did:(

I don't know how much I can write here..lol But my Question is can anyone tell me if I have a legal mal case..I had to hire another lawyer, who came on board the last month however the judge would not re open discovery for him, and we went in trial a mess, now I have to take this to the appelet division, and hired another lawyer Costs a bundle, Like I said very long story, so what do you all think I'll take any advice? do I have a mal suit? HELP!!:confused:

hired another lawyer Costs a bundle, Like I said very long story
Wouldn't your new attorney know more than you have told us? Ask him. You would receive a much better answer.

I would start by filing a complaint with the state bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back