Interstate Child Support Enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenny1158

Hello. I am the custodial parent of a 12 year old girl. We moved to FL from NY a year and a half ago. I've always had a decent relationship with my daughter's father and have never placed him in child support until last year. It took a while but the support order came through in November 2005 and the order says he is supposed to pay 103 weekly to the Florida State Disbursement Unit beginning Nov. 4th. I received a check for 50 dollars the beginning of December and two more after that. I called Child Support and was told they were sending me what he had been sending them. I haven't received anything else since the beginning of December. I called Child support again in January and requested enforcement. I was told they (FL child support office) would send the enforcement papers. That was two weeks ago. I called again for case status and it seems like they haven't done anything. I was told they were going to send the paperwork. I am a bit confused because I thought once the court issues a support order, then the amount would be deducted through his employer but I dont think that is happening. I dont know how to make sure this is happening. Help? The father lives in NY and I've tried legal aid and no avail.

My ex owes over $17,000 and child support does barely anything about it. You have to keep calling them over and over again to get anything done. Usually they don't do much if he pays some part of the child support. Next time you talk to them tell them you want an income deduction done. The state of NY has to agree with it though. Florida will put the order in and see if NY cooperates. You still may not get the whole amount with that either. My ex just works less hours so less comes to us and he's gone from job to job to job to avoid them finding him. Just keep calling them to keep them looking into the case.

Ugh, you poor thing. I know EXACTLY what you're going through. My child support order is in FL as well and CSE has all but refused to enforce the order THEY MADE. I can't tell you how many hours I've spent on the phone with them and my ex has never even so much as had his driver's license suspended. ::sighs:: To make matters worse? They DENIED a request for an adjustment even though I was able to prove that my ex was NEVER paying a cent for my son's health insuarance or daycare as he claimed during the original process. Because of his lies, the order they made was for a measely $200 a month and he was never required to provide ANY proof that he was paying for anything. I was never even informed of any of my court dates! I'm now looking at getting an attorney to straighten my mess out. I would highly recommend you do the same. CSE does not represent you or the best interests of your child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back