Inmate suing me

Status
Not open for further replies.

reedsrus8

Hi, An inmate I have known many yeas is suing me over monies I do not owe. This is a civil suit. He is still incarcerated and moved 5 hours away from courthouse. I plan on attending trial date bt he won't be there. What happens if he is a no show?

Hi, An inmate I have known many yeas is suing me over monies I do not owe. This is a civil suit. He is still incarcerated and moved 5 hours away from courthouse. I plan on attending trial date bt he won't be there. What happens if he is a no show?

Is this small claims?

If you show and he doesn't, he'll lose.

He expects you not to show.

I suspect he has worked this "con" on other unsuspecting "dupes" in the past.

You're not a stupid wanker.

You refuse to be bullied.

Good for you.

You show up, the case gets dismissed.

If I were you, I'd have no more contact with this crooked, convicted felon; after I beat him at his silly, little "con"!!!

Thank you for your input. Sadly I have known this person many years before incarcerated, as a friend only. He does know how to use the system but not use me. :)

One thing many career criminals have is time. In jail many of them spend a great deal of time trying to figure out how to game the system and others. For some it is sending the same letter to numerous lovers or potential girlfriends telling them they are the only one for them and they are sorry for their actions, then asking for the lady to put money on their books. For others their time is spent flooding the jail or prison with inmate requests for services, programs or resources, and then figuring out how to parley denials into civil suits.

I forget what the numbers were, but when i worked in Sac. County a couple decades ago there were hundreds of these nuisance suits filed every year by inmates at the county jail and Folsom prison. Most were dismissed, but some actually had to be fought by state attorneys on BOTH sides.

Provided this guy's grounds for the suit are weak, you should prevail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back