i need to emancipate my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

iloveyou

we are having to move from california to another state and my daughter 17 yrs is so mad that we had a problem. Me trying to explain why and her yellling she wont. lead to her calling me names to the point i could not take it anymore and went to slap her after her calling me a FB. she attacked me leaveing the home calling the cops and telling them that i beat her up. when cops came they looked at my face and asked me to put a complainte. ofcourse i did not but here is the next problem she wants to stay in cali and we are going. her aunt from her fathers side said she could stay. but they are on welfare and would put her on it to. she works and is still in school. but i feel it is her not wanting to go but if she don't i will have to pay child support to them because they will have her on welfare while she is here. her father can't take care of her and i have 3 smaller children that i am afraid that she may attack next what can i do and how fast can i do it? HELP

You cannot emancipate your daughter because you cannot control her. Quite honestly I do not blame her for not wanting to move. Can't you wait until she is 18, which is less than a year? Why can't Dad take her?

If the daughter has a job you can ask that another relative take her and ask them NOT to file for gov't assistance if you agree to send them a small child support check. Unfortunately if someone else is going to care for her they are entitled to gov't assistance whether it be from child support, or the state.

I say talk to the child and the relatives and see what you can work out about giving guardianship to someone else until she turns 18.

Change the locks when she is at the mall.

frist of all i do not blame her for not going either. we have tried to work with her andquit honestly we have always work around her. we have to because she makes life really hard not to. she comes and goes as she wants just to keep the home balanced and free of arguing. about this controling her. you tell me how do you control a child in california when it is so easy for them to call child protection on you and say what ever they want. they believe first the child and it is up to the parent to prove them wrong. she has used it many times in the past. and as for her father he has HIV and lives in OK. really can not take care of her either. she is the most loving child until she does not get what she wants. we have put out so much money to keep her happy with school. its not enough. I let her get a job so she would have fun money. by the way she does not give us anything of her money because we feel that she does not have to pay to live here until she is 18. we have never asked her for anything and would never ask her for anything. except not to yell at the younger kids and to stop putting them down. she has always gotten away with everything and thats my fault becasue i did not what to fight with her. I was young once and i truly understand. but my husband has a job that would be better for everybody if we leave.

Maybe you can comprimise? Tell her to come with you for a certain amount of time, like three months; then, if she is still unhappy you'll buy her a plane ticket so she can go live with aunt. Maybe giving her options will help her feel more in control of a situation she has no control over. Or, that she can stay with the aunt until the end of the school year, visit you in the summer so she can see how she likes it; then, if she is unhappy you'll let her go back and live with the aunt. You can (I believe), give the aunt a limited power of attorney to enroll her in school and for medical purposes.

my huband said the same thing about locking her out BUT remember she is my child and no matter what she has done I love her. I had this beautiful curly hair baby turn half monster half angle. I have tried asking her to try and see what there is when we move she is dead set aginst it. I guess i will have to make a deal with her and her aunt ( which i know will only take her so she can get money for it) It would not be so bad if her father would help more than saying whatever she wants just let her have it. Knowing he would not have to fork out a dime to support her. he never has and never will. child support office will prove that.

Tell your daughter to get a job.

Senior judge, your response to change the locks is ridiculous. For one thing you legally cannot kick out your child and have them live on the street. As long as she is under 18 she is under her parents responsibility.

Seniorjudge, The daughter has a job according to the mom in a previous post.

yes my daughter has a job. that is part of the problem she thinks that she has the right to make the decision for her self.

Okay, okay.

No lock change.

She has a job.

Increase her hours of work; it's amazing how working hard calms people down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back