i have a problem with tenant/sisters friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasond415

my little sisters friend has been living with me my sister,brother,and roommate for over a year,she has agreed to pay $300 a month for rent but has missed alot of payments,i try to talk to my sister about this and she just walks in her room and closes the door and will not discuss it,the tenant has money to buy food and pay for her cell phone bill,my older brother is in charge of the property,he has a bond with my sister and when i try to talk to him he takes my sisters side,i am upset that i am loosing money monthly,she uses the water,gas,and electricity,and she monopolizes the computer,she has maybe paid $1000 in rent the whole time she has been living here and i am stuck i dont know what to do,please help me i am located in california

Last edited:
Since your older brother (who is in charge of the property) refuses to do anything about this, you only option would only be to consider suing your little sisters friend for the damages (i.e., money) you've lost by having to pay her share of the utilities.

Your problem may be having proof that she owes the amount you claim she does.

Gail

it would be hard to sue her because my brother is in charge of the property i dont think i have any legal say,i was previously collecting the rent money from her but my sister got upset and complained, i dont know what to do if my brother and sister will not collect the money but wont let me collect it either,i had the same problem with a friend of mine and i evicted him,and thank you gail for your help,i just told her to pay me the rent monthly and she said she just started working and gave me a kind of "whatever" answer like she doesnt have to pay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back