HSTPA

OriGl

Jurisdiction
New York
25 years rent stabilised in same apt. After HSPTA I had a lease signed October 2019 for 2020/2021 with new LRR, former preferential rent. In 11/2021building sold to "worst evictor of NYC". He refused offer renewal; offered 3 months backdated on outdated form with revoked new LLR after my RA90 complaint HCR . Lease with 25% raise rent, Agent DOF advised : to sign and insert the correct amount, 2.5 % (which was also in renewal without rider , while old LRR pre-HSTPA )and immediately to file HCR RA90 " lease is not on some conditions as previous" and to demand restoring correct LRR-2019. I signed and filed RA90. Owner white out renewal and inserted 25% higher rent. He falsified more documents, registered rent twice with old LRR in 2022, in 2023 with correct LRR and fake SCRIE. He is adding 3 various SCRIE. Ombudsman restored correct frozen rent and SCRIE and since 2022 it is in the weekly reports; ODF, SCRIE have correct documentation . Owner created second renewal with old LRR and falsified my handwriting: he never sent it to me but in 2023 sent to HCR.
2 years HCR is processing. Slow. Still processing.
I requested Renewal 2024/2025:
he offered with old LRR : he revoked my "new LRR preferential rent for life of resdidency."
He backdated renewal 3 weeks and threatened
if I am not sign in 60 days ( backdated: I have only 15 days now)he will reject any renewals .
I send request: to offer renewal on same conditions that 2020/2021 with HSTPA new LRR. He never replying anyway.
What should I do?
I am senior, but working full time and not eligible for legal aid. I can afford flat retainer, or Green retainer. I can pay to attorney for many months ; but now I can't be homeless .
He is trying to evict me and tampering my mail so I will not receive eviction : it is his scheme in other cases n order to lock out. . He listed apartment as vacant on rental market and listed highest market price.
Needed urgent help.

Needed urgent help.

The help you require won't be dispensed for free via the internet.

Even if it could be dispensed via the internet, it would be foolish to rely upon it from subjects you know nothing about.

I suggest you speak with a couple real estate or tenant-landlord attorneys ASAP.

As far as tampering with your ability to receive reliable US Postal services, you can report and discuss your concerns with these fine individuals:

Report – United States Postal Inspection Service

Or call USPIS:
1-877-876-2455.

Back