Help me I'm 16 years old

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
Missouri
I am 16 will be 17 in two 1/2 mouths and at 17 i could leave my parents house but i wanna know what i could do to keep my mother away from me at the place i'm staying and at school

I know that in Missouri at 17 i can leave but i want to know once i leave i want to know how i cant prevent my mother from coming to my school and taking me home with her please help.

There is NOTHING you can do LEGALLY (until you reach the age of majority) to prevent your mother or father from snatching you up anywhere you can be located and returning you their residence.

XXX

I know that in Missouri at 17 i can leave but i want to know once i leave i want to know how i cant prevent my mother from coming to my school and taking me home with her please help.

I am 16 will be 17 in two 1/2 mouths and at 17 i could leave my parents house but i wanna know what i could do to keep my mother away from me at the place i'm staying and at school

You are quite mistaken if you think that the law in Missouri is on your side here. An anomaly in the way the law is written means that law enforcement is sometimes (not always, just sometimes) reluctant to force home a 17 who is in a safe place. But if you are thinking that the law permits you to leave and that no one can do anything about it, you are wrong. The age of majority is 18 - if your parents want you home when you are still 17, the law is not going to tell them that they can't force you back home. They can. What's more, if your mother goes to the place you are staying and says you're to come home, you know what happens if you don't go home? The people you're staying with can go to jail. Yes, I said jail.

So the answer to your question is, Nothing. There is nothing you can do to keep your mother away from the place you are staying, or at school. And if she says you go home, you go home - the law will be either neutral, or backing up Mom. It will NOT be backing up you.

Back