Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Help can we get her time surved

Angela2682

Jurisdiction
Texas
My sister got a forgery charge in 5/26/2012 then was sentenced to tdc in 2013 did 13 months and was released on parole. She was arrested on the warrant from 2012 forgery and they want to give her a year state jail....can she get time served for the 13 months in tdc and two months in county before we bonded to cover the state jail and prevent her goin back to tdc... Please help we need to know if we can do this somehow asap

My sister got a forgery charge in 5/26/2012 then was sentenced to tdc in 2013 did 13 months and was released on parole. She was arrested on the warrant from 2012 forgery and they want to give her a year state jail....can she get time served for the 13 months in tdc and two months in county before we bonded to cover the state jail and prevent her goin back to tdc... Please help we need to know if we can do this somehow asap

If a person was charged with crime A, convicted, did time, and paroled; then crime B was charged 18 months later after the person got released for the time she got from crime A.

That's very much like your sister's problem, right?

No, you can't get credit for a second crime discovered after you were sentenced for the first crime.

I suggest you advise your sister to plead not guilty, ask for a public defender, and see if the PD can lessen the pain she might soon feel.

In the interim, she should discuss her case ONLY with her lawyer.

Back