Having her Parental Rights Taken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destiny19692006

I have custody of my nieces child. First my mother had custody, but I was there and helping raise the Baby since she was 2 weeks old, when my mother became ill, My husband and I said we would fight for custody, which we did and won.
We gained custody in Oct 2008, and the mother was ordered to pay child support. It never happened and we had to go back to court. They said as of last week, she owes back child support and is to be arrested.
Oh, she never showed. I forgot to mention that.

Also, her visits were far and inbetween. So, I asked the courts about having her rights as a parent revoked. They told me who to call. No, I have not called yet.
This is my question, will I have to have a attorney to do this and go into court, or can we pretty much represent ourselves, as this has set us back $6,000 and we have no extra money to hire a attorney.

If there is a site that allows us a attorney to be appointed to us for free like she received when we went the first time, please share that information. :angel

God bless you.
That said, she'll never pay.
No, there are no attorneys that will be appointed to represent you.
But, you might locate one in your town that will do it pro bono?
If not, let it go.
You have custody, and she doesn't want it.
Why not ask her to give you permanent custody?
In return for her doing that, you let her off the hook for child support (past & present)?
Sweeten the deal by asking the court to forbear her back support payments.

http://www.dhr.state.al.us/page.asp?pageid=288

http://www.dadsrights.org/alabama-child-support.php

https://www.dhr.alabama.gov/opi/Login.asp

http://childsupport.alacourt.gov/

Last edited:
Thanks army judge,

I suppose the main reason I want her parental rights taken is because this is her third child, which none of her children live with her. Last month, she just gave birth to another child and she needs to be marked unfit and unable to care for any and all of her children.

When and If there is ever a order made in the states to stop these people from having more children, I hope her names goes to the #1 spot. She has done all harm to each of her children, and by that I mean, showing up in their life for a brief moment in time, and never in their lives again, just enough to make them know she excist.

Thanks for the given sites and I will think about what you have said. I don't believe she will ever just sign her rights away, after all, she went up against us in court and lied to try to get custody back. She lost, because she had not showed she was capable of caring for the child.

If I try to bribe her with saying I will not ask her for child support, she may try to use that against me, so I would be afraid to try anything like that, I know how my niece works in that demon mind of hers. :eek:

If I try to bribe her with saying I will not ask her for child support, she may try to use that against me, so I would be afraid to try anything like that, I know how my niece works in that demon mind of hers. :eek:

Offering her a deal, isn't a bribe.

You don't need her in your life, nor does the child.

The support carrot often fails children.

It gives these bums and bummettes a reason to butt into the lives of caring people and children.

I regularly suggest to clients to forego support for custody, or as we call it in Texas, managing conservatorship.

Good luck and God bless your efforts in trying to help a child.

Offering her a deal, isn't a bribe.

You don't need her in your life, nor does the child.

The support carrot often fails children.

It gives these bums and bummettes a reason to butt into the lives of caring people and children.

I regularly suggest to clients to forego support for custody, or as we call it in Texas, managing conservatorship.

Good luck and God bless your efforts in trying to help a child.

Army couldnt she adopt the child since the mother is never around anyways? Or will that be hard to do without the "birth mothers" approval.

I would move to terminate her rights. Let her know her child support arrears will continue to pile up she eventually will go to jail. Future child support is stopped if you adopt. The arrears NEVER go away. Let her know you will continue to push for support unless an adoption is done. God forbid something happen to you or your husband you do not want mom getting thic hild which could potentially happen.

wheres dad

I have custody of my nieces child. First my mother had custody, but I was there and helping raise the Baby since she was 2 weeks old, when my mother became ill, My husband and I said we would fight for custody, which we did and won.
We gained custody in Oct 2008, and the mother was ordered to pay child support. It never happened and we had to go back to court. They said as of last week, she owes back child support and is to be arrested.
Oh, she never showed. I forgot to mention that.

Also, her visits were far and inbetween. So, I asked the courts about having her rights as a parent revoked. They told me who to call. No, I have not called yet.
This is my question, will I have to have a attorney to do this and go into court, or can we pretty much represent ourselves, as this has set us back $6,000 and we have no extra money to hire a attorney.

If there is a site that allows us a attorney to be appointed to us for free like she received when we went the first time, please share that information. :angel

where is dad in all this? noone has even mentioned him.

Army couldnt she adopt the child since the mother is never around anyways? Or will that be hard to do without the "birth mothers" approval.

It isn't hard to do, it's impossible to do without her approval or having her rights terminated. My guess is that she would gladly let the child go if she knows it will relieve her of future child support.

For once I have to agree with lonelyinny, WHERE IS THE DAD?

It isn't hard to do, it's impossible to do without her approval or having her rights terminated. My guess is that she would gladly let the child go if she knows it will relieve her of future child support.

For once I have to agree with lonelyinny, WHERE IS THE DAD?

I know that hurt, j ;) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back