Guardianship - cannot "afford" a true will yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

issakaye

My husband and I have three very young children and of course, one of our biggest fears is something happening to both of us and them ending up in the care of social workers.

We have family that would step up and take care of the kids but we have nothing written up at all. I know that in Florida, grandparents have no rights and both sets of grandparents are here in FL.

Right now we don't have the $$$ for the legal fees for a will/guardianship true paperwork... or, maybe we do (and just don't know it), we just don't know where to start?

What's the cheapest, most secure way to document what we want done with our children?

Thanks in advance!

You can draw up your will using software available in most office supply stores or large retailers.

You can do the same thing online at legal sites, one of which is www.legalzoom.com.

There are many more and an online search will reveal them.

The cost varies, but I'm sure you'll find something within your budget.

The wills are warranted to be legal in all states. Instructions are provided as to what you do after you create your will.

You're worrying about something that statistically won't happen. But, if it does, you'll be prepared. I hope your life is long, happy, and prosperous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While grandparents have no legal standing in Florida, that is when a child has a living parent. If you were to both die, the 'social workers' would much rather family stepped up and took the children.

But AJ gave you good sources for easy templates for a basic will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back