Grandparents being sued by grandsons mom to pay all her legal fees?

romley1x

Jurisdiction
California
Hi my wife and i are grandparents we have been fighting for our rights with our grandsons mother for the last couple years. Now our grandsons mother cant pay all her legal attorney fees and is trying to sue us to get all the money shes paid/still owes. Her reasoning for this is because we have more money than her. Does she really have a case here? Thanks for your time any questions feel free to ask.

Does she really have a case here? Thanks for your time any questions feel free to ask.

One can never fully understand what another human can or might do.

That said, if her threats worry you, stop allowing her to communicate with you.

It can't hurt to discuss your grievances with two or three attorneys in the county where you reside.

Trying to sue? As Yoda says, do or do not. There is no try.

If you have been sued, then refer it to your attorney.
I suspect you mean she's threatening to sue. Threatening is easy. Actually, suing takes some effort. If her only claim is she can't pay, that shouldn't get very far. Now, if she has some claim that you acted improperly in your previous legal fights with her, perhaps she might have a case.

So wait..... you engaged in some sort of litigation to gain rights with regard to this woman's child, as the grandparents. Where is your son? (I apologize up front if he's passed and offer my condolences.)

She, apparently, had to pay to defend against your action. Depending on the specifics, she may or may not have a case in asking the court to order you to pay her legal fees. You might want to consult with your lawyer.

my wife and i are grandparents we have been fighting for our rights with our grandsons mother for the last couple years.

What rights would those be? What sort of "fight" has been occurring?

Now our grandsons mother cant pay all her legal attorney fees and is trying to sue us to get all the money shes paid/still owes.

Please explain what "trying to sue" means.

Her reasoning for this is because we have more money than her.

So you're saying that she believes that, because you have more money than she does, and for no other reason, you ought to pay her attorneys' fees? Sorry, but I don't believe that to be true.

Does she really have a case here?

I have no idea because you haven't clearly explained what's happening.

Please start by explaining whether your grandson's mother is your child. If, as I assume, she isn't, then where is your son (who is presumably your grandson's father) in all of this?

Hi my wife and i are grandparents we have been fighting for our rights with our grandsons mother for the last couple years. Now our grandsons mother cant pay all her legal attorney fees and is trying to sue us to get all the money shes paid/still owes. Her reasoning for this is because we have more money than her. Does she really have a case here? Thanks for your time any questions feel free to ask.

Generally grandparents don't have rights to their grandkids. Many states you can file for visitation of your grandkids - and in California it says that you can if there's an exisiting bond between the grandparents and grandkid(s) and the child's best interests outweighs the parent's rights.

Where's your child who is the other parent? Anyone can file a lawsuit for anything they want - whether they are awarded what they want is up to a judge or a jury in the civil trial.

Back