got a ticket for something that wasn't wrong with my vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmlt

I borrowed my fathers 2nd car friday due to the fact that mine was being repaired. I left my fathers house around 8:50PM and was pulled over by a county sheriffs deputy at 8:55 PM. Iwas informwed that I was being pulled over for 2 reasons: no front licenses plate, and no rear illumination of the rear license plate. The front plate was ripped off during a collision with a deer and had not been replaced. ( for this I guess I am guilty. I was never asked to step out of the vehicle to look at the rear plate illumination. Upon arriving home around 10:00Pm I looked at the rear plate to find it fully illuminated. I video taped this and included in the picture a view of my cell phone which displayed the time and date which I cannot change on my phone. I've wiggled the wires and checked the rear illumination under different circumstances trying to get it to go out but it never has. I was polite with the office, have no violations on my license at this time and was surprised I was even cited for these violations. the sheriffs deputy advised me the county has a "zero tolerance policy" and that I happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I understand penalty for minor misdemeanors is set at $150 max. per infraction in the state of OH and was told my fine to mail in payment would be $200. This seems a bit severe to me especially seeing that one of the citations seems not to be valid. Would it be worth it for me to fight this in court or would I be wasting my time. My court date to plead is set for 11/08.

tmlt said:
I borrowed my fathers 2nd car friday due to the fact that mine was being repaired. I left my fathers house around 8:50PM and was pulled over by a county sheriffs deputy at 8:55 PM. Iwas informwed that I was being pulled over for 2 reasons: no front licenses plate, and no rear illumination of the rear license plate. The front plate was ripped off during a collision with a deer and had not been replaced. ( for this I guess I am guilty. I was never asked to step out of the vehicle to look at the rear plate illumination. Upon arriving home around 10:00Pm I looked at the rear plate to find it fully illuminated. I video taped this and included in the picture a view of my cell phone which displayed the time and date which I cannot change on my phone. I've wiggled the wires and checked the rear illumination under different circumstances trying to get it to go out but it never has. I was polite with the office, have no violations on my license at this time and was surprised I was even cited for these violations. the sheriffs deputy advised me the county has a "zero tolerance policy" and that I happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I understand penalty for minor misdemeanors is set at $150 max. per infraction in the state of OH and was told my fine to mail in payment would be $200. This seems a bit severe to me especially seeing that one of the citations seems not to be valid. Would it be worth it for me to fight this in court or would I be wasting my time. My court date to plead is set for 11/08.
I would fight it. I have almost always had tickets reduced. Everyone has a zero tolerance policy. Nobody ever changes the contracts they send out. Yeah, yeah, yeah... go for it. Would be interested in hearing how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back